I envy my sister because she has been working in Italy for many years and I live next to my old mother.

What should be the division of responsibility for older parents among adult children? What kind of help does a retired mother need? That’s what I suggest we talk about today.

But first of all, we suggest getting acquainted with the 34-year-old girl Daria from Melitopol and her life history in order to get a better feel for the topic of discussion.

My sister, Alina, has long been working in Italy. Immediately after school moved and settled there well. He has a prestigious profession and receives decent money for work. We rarely see each other, Alina is not going home. He says we can't have a happy life here.

We met for the first time in 2 years. And if Alina did not come up with the idea of buying an apartment in her homeland and receiving passive income from tenants, probably the same amount would not be seen.

I live modestly. Not poor, but not rich. After all, raising three children takes a lot of resources. My husband is temporarily out of work and has to carry everything on himself. And also to the elderly mother need to regularly visit the village to help with the household.

My mother Alina and I are a fighting woman, never asks for help. Only recently has health started to fail. I'm worried about her, I don't want to leave one for long.

Honestly, this pace of life has made me very tired. I just don’t have time to physically handle everything. I have already called my sister several times to talk about how best to share responsibilities. And she only translates the topic as about the mother will come...

Is it possible to be so calm about the fact that your mother is not well? If I were not in her place, I would immediately abandon all my business and fly home. You can't get help from Alynochka. Never in all this case, she did not inquire about her mother’s health, nor did she send money to medicines.

I think my sister is acting out of conscience. It's not fair that she's a free bird flitting around Italy and living her life to the fullest, and I'm all alone with all the problems!

Is that how you reach your sister?

What would you advise our heroine? How do you think the sister of the storyteller could help the family without changing the way of life that everyone was happy? Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting