The daughters began to ask us to sell our house and take a loan, but we refused them.

Parent-child relations It's not always easy. The reasons for disagreement can be very different. And over the years, they only distance the closest people from each other. There are often problems when it comes to money.

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a reader who, by retirement, managed to raise three children and build a house. But rest in retirement, as planned with her husband, did not work. After all, adult children can not do without parental assistance. What should older parents do?

It was not easy to raise three children and build a house. But my husband and I consoled ourselves that in retirement we can really relax. For this dream, we constantly saved on ourselves, worked hard. I think in the end we can be proud of ourselves. And the children have grown up, their families have acquired, and a comfortable house was built, writes Lydia.

“Yes, we would like to help children with housing, buy apartments or even houses. But we were not able to do that. We have always hoped only for ourselves. So why can't the children cope without our help?

“The youngest son and his wife have no complaints. Having a child is in no hurry, work, save money for their own housing. But the daughters constantly accuse me and my husband that we do not think about them, that we do not help.”

“One lives with her husband and child in a rented apartment. Another moved into a house where she could not find a common language with her husband’s parents. It is clear that the daughters are not satisfied with such situations and they want to acquire their own housing.”

“But they do not want to borrow apartments, even if we help to pay. But in our house to move and senior, and the middle does not mind. After all, we have beautiful nature here, and kindergartens are good, and schools are nearby. They do. split up. My husband and I are offered a loan. Not too beautiful of them.

“Of course, my husband and I feel guilty that we were unable to provide housing for our daughters. But don't give it away. Both have husbands, and they also have parents. Let them learn to solve their own problems. And if they decide to ask us for help, then let them offer something adequate. We'll help you.

“The son supports us. He doesn't want us to give up the house and buy an apartment. But the daughters are selfish. We ended up arguing with them and have not spoken for a couple of weeks. Hoped with her husband for a quiet and calm old age, but it turns out not so. Now we are scratching our heads to help our daughters, and not to be left without pants themselves, the pensioner says.

Looks like the daughters never did. single-handedIf you still need help from retired parents. And the very idea of splitting up the parental home seems both outrageous and foolish.

Isn’t it a shame that the old people have built up the dreamhouseShould you give it up in your old age? And how do two families with children, even relatives, plan to get along in the same house? Sooner or later they will start to argue with each other. So it's really stupid.

If parents can build their dream home, why can’t their children?

Tags

See also

New and interesting