Why cut new bed linen?

“Do you know how to update the interior of a house without starting a global renovation? It’s simple, start with the decoration of the windows! – advised me a friend who has been working as a decorator in St. Petersburg for about 15 years.

Curtains, curtains, tulle - that's what people first pay attention to in an unfamiliar room. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to unravel the preferences and tastes of the owner of the house. Fascinator It could be anything, like wearing clothes. They can be long, shortened, on the lining.

Today's edition. "Site" I will share with you, dear reader, a clever trick, how you can change the tired interior With the help of bed linen. Yes, yes, you heard right, precisely with the help of the usual sheets and pillowcases. Lovely life hack!

“The curtain should be no less than 2 options: for a cold and warm period of the year!” – advised me a friend-decorator. So I decided to go shopping in search of a good solution for the summer. I'll tell you, I've reviewed a lot of things, but some of the options weren't very beautiful, others were too expensive.

Without choosing anything, I went to the bed linen department to look for new pillowcases for sofa pillowcases, and as a result got a kit. bed-linen. His delicate floral color immediately captivated me. That was what I was looking for!

And sew down Bedding, you don't even need a pattern. First, you should take measurements of the window and determine the amount of fabric. From one duvet, I got two shortened curtains, 1.5 meters wide. And from 2 identical sheets from a double set, I got wonderful curtains in the living room.

The sequence of my further actions is so simple that even a special master class is not necessary. Argue on the sheets their upper parts. So you will add another free material, about 7-8 centimeters.

Measure the thickness of the baguette curtain and add another 7 centimeters to this width so that the curtains fit freely around it. Prepare a stub to match the size you have, and attach it just below the top of the sheet. The remaining fabric will form into a frill. I apologize in advance, as there are no photos from the process - I sewed with inspiration, forgetting about the photo shoot.

Also, each curtain (the ones I made from a duvet) can hold onto the cornice with 8 hinges, 5 centimeters wide. To do this, you need to sew a bow with a bead on each loop, they give charm to the curtains. The bottom and side parts need to be sewn in the bending. It is important to do everything very carefully, because just one curved line can spoil the entire appearance.

Rub the curtain and hang out the window. The result will surprise you and your family!

By the way, it is not necessary to buy new curtains linen. An old sheet or blanket may be useful.

Curtains and tulles are of different colors, textures and materials, so it is difficult to choose an option that will decorate the room. I want the best at once.

I suggest you learn how to choose curtains for the interior and what mistakes should be avoided. All housewives on notice!

How freshen rooms? Now you know it's best to start with curtains!

As you can see, it's not difficult at all. And if you decorate your curtains with an original or just a beautiful curtain, then your friends will also want to do something similar at home. The choice of bedding on the market is huge, and old sheets are in every house.

Tags

See also

New and interesting