How to check the battery without a tester

Hey, everybody! Together with the editors of the Site, I will tell you how to check the battery charge. Is the battery loaded or completely dead? This will not be a problem if you have a multimeter on hand. But what if you don't have a tester? There is one simple and simple way.

Inside each battery there is an electric gel - electrolyte. Using simple chemistry, the battery holds a charge and powers the devices. In another way, this source of current is also called a galvanic element, named after Luigi Galvani, who discovered this effect.

So how do you test the battery without using a tester? It's actually very simple. But to understand the essence of this method, you need to conduct a small experiment. For it, we will need 2 batteries: one fully charged and the other completely sat down, without charge.

The charged battery is placed on the table in a vertical position. Then we take it with the tips of our fingers at the top, lift it slightly and release it at a distance of 0.5-1 cm from the surface. The battery with a full charge should fall “hard”. If it's loaded, it's on landing. It will be more stable and will not bounce back.. By the way, for accuracy, this trick is better carried out on a table with a stable surface.

The same thing should be repeated with another battery. We also place it perpendicular to the table and let it go to see if it bounces off the surface. A dead battery will fall easily, and the most important thing is that It has to bounce off the surface..

Why is this happening? This is because in a charged battery, the electrolyte is in a liquid state. And in a discharged battery, the gel goes into a solid state, which increases its “jumping” properties. It is a simple chemistry and physics that is taught in school.

By the way, my son told me about this trick. What a smart kid now. I asked him, “How did you know about this?” And he looks at me in surprise and he says, "Dad, there's a picture in the cartoon." We need to listen to our children sometimes. I seemed to have studied well - lived to gray hair and did not know about this method.

Now that the TV remote doesn't work, you can check if the batteries are gone or if it's broken. The same goes for watches and any other technology that uses conventional batteries. I wish you good luck and good luck in life, not only in electrical devices!

Tags

See also

New and interesting