Why does a husband constantly compare his wife to his mother?

Good family relationships - great happiness. But often they spoil at an unexpected moment. And it remains only perplexed to look back, trying to understand how everything could suddenly turn out like this. Is there a way to fix it?

Today's edition. "Site" She shared the story of a woman who always believed she had a strong family. With her husband for many years, raising two children. It seemed that there was only a bright future ahead. But recently, the situation has begun to change. Not for the better.

Good family relations: Me and Koley have been together for 12 years. Two children and a good friendly family. At least that's what I thought until recently, because now my opinion has changed dramatically. And the reason for this is my mother-in-law, Irina complains.

“My husband's mother lived in another city, a fair distance from us. I rarely saw you. But she's an older woman, and there's no one around. Last year, Kolya decided that it would be better to sell her apartment and buy a house in our city. Closer to us. I didn't mind, it was for nothing.

“I didn’t miss my mother-in-law before, and now I don’t want to see her at all. While she lived far away, she did not interfere in our affairs. Now she seems to have nothing to do but give us her advice. He comes to our house and begins to teach us how to live.”

“I cook wrong, I clean wrong, I iron wrong clothes. I can't understand how we've lived all these years without her and her precious advice. But I wish that was it. So she's constantly dripping on her husband's brains. When she was young, she did things differently than I did. She has her own views on raising children and even on my wardrobe.”

“She came to visit again the other day. It was lunchtime, I bought them Kolya borscht, and I went to clean the other room. To be honest, I didn’t really want to keep them company. But even from the bedroom I heard them discussing my cooking.”

As soon as I came back, my husband said, I could have cooked borscht better! No meat, no lard. Learn from your mother... And she just sat next to me and gave me a hand. I silently walked out and closed the door. They also found me a problem! – outraged the woman.

“Maybe the mother-in-law wants his son to be well fed and cared for, but she does not do our family any better. Because of her naggings and remarks, Koley and I fight almost every day. I even started thinking about divorce. This was not the case before she moved.”

“Husband after work will come to my mother for an hour, and then from the threshold shows me his discontent. And it's not, and it's not. I'm sure my mother-in-law is turning my son against me. But I don't know why she would do that. To ruin a marriage? What's the point, we're both not the age to start new families anymore.

While my mother-in-law and I saw each other 2-3 times a year, my husband was satisfied. How I cook and how I clean. And then all of a sudden I didn't like it all at once. I understand that he appreciates his mother and is glad that she is here now, that she often comes to visit. But I can't stand that woman anymore.

“Now I don’t even know how to start a serious conversation and explain everything to my husband. After all, at 40, he should think with his own head, and not listen to his mother endlessly. I'm not going to be silent all my life either. These comments are unpleasant and unfair. And I definitely deserve respect in my own home, Irina said.

It is strange that Irina suffers attacks for such a long time, but does not defend her point of view either before her husband or mother-in-law. Who knows, perhaps her loved ones do not really understand that their advice not only does not help, but also harms.

And here it is really necessary to explain to the spouse that he is obliged not to criticize, but to take the side of his wife and protect her. After all, trying to remake the wife and mother of your children after 12 years of marriage is somehow naive and even stupid. Isn't that right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting