How to take away the key from your parents without offending them

What should I do if my husband leaves? This question women in our spaces often ask themselves. Unfortunately, this happens all the time. Even common children do not become an obstacle. Then the woman has to get out on her own. Our women are masters of sports in solving all kinds of difficulties. Today’s story is about one of those.

Editorial "Site" It tells the story of a woman who coped with her husband’s departure, but got another problem in return.

What should I do if my husband is 37? I have two beautiful schoolgirls, a good job and a well-organized life. But 6 years ago, I was completely crushed, with no idea what to do with my life. All because my husband left me. It happened suddenly and almost broke me.

We got married pretty early. A year after the wedding, we had a daughter, and a couple of months later I found out that I was expecting another child. Then we were happy and thought that we could cope with everything. I wasn’t bothered by the fact that I didn’t have time to really work and gain experience. I thought I would be a happy mom and wife.

But when the youngest daughter was not yet three years old, the husband said that he was leaving. He told a banal story that he met the love of his life. He gave me three months to move out of the apartment. Divorced peacefully, he even gave some money for the children. I was devastated and had no idea what to do next.

Then the parents came to help. They went out and helped with housing. They sold their house in the countryside, I added the money that was left to me after the divorce – and so it turned out to buy a small apartment near them. Mom immediately took the keys to the apartment. Then he and his father practically lived with me.

I soon went to work because the girls had to be supported. In parallel, she studied, then got on an internship in a large company. My parents have been very helpful all this time. First we took the children to kindergarten, then to school. When the girls were sick, the parents stayed with them. There are no words to express how grateful I am to them.

But there is one big problem: parents feel at home in this apartment. Mom comes when she wants, opens the closets and moves things as she wants. And she sees nothing wrong with that, even though I have to hide my personal belongings. Parents come to our apartment all the time, although the girls are quite independent. And I don't like it.

At some point I realized that I was already a teenager. I'm hiding something personal from my parents, worried they won't find it. I'm almost 40 years old! I tried to talk to my mom, but she doesn't understand me. And when I talk about men, they're ready to eat me. They say, and so barely solved your problems, we do not need new ones.

I didn’t think of a new relationship until I met Michael. He is a good man, independent, caring and wants to start a family. I think that meeting him made me think about how we live now. I'm glad my parents helped me, I'm grateful, but I want some freedom.

Over time, the help of parents turned into total control. And I want to arrange my life so that the girls and I have personal space. I want to take the keys from the parents and ask them to come only by agreement. But how do you do that? I don’t want to hurt them, they helped me so much. I feel terrible about having to do this, but I can’t be happy otherwise.

The opinion of the editorial office of the Heroine of our history was in a difficult situation. I’m sure many people will say that their daughter is simply ungrateful. When parents are no longer needed, the keys can be taken away. But we don't think that's so clear. Try putting yourself in her place. You want to bring a man into the house, arrange your life and at least not be afraid to leave some things in plain sight. Isn't that a common human right?

Parents, of course, well done that did not leave her daughter in a difficult situation and helped. But she is their child, probably, and should do good, caring parents. It would also be nice to release your child on time. It seems to us that a woman needs to talk to her parents honestly and strictly define her personal boundaries.

They will probably be offended, but soon we think they will understand. Still, no matter what, and their daughter has the right to arrange their life on their own. What do you think?

Tags

See also

New and interesting