Raised in a poor family, a man explains why he exchanged his grandmother’s apartment for love

Sometimes it's just one thing. solution It could change him forever. But if you make any important choice, remember that everything has consequences. And sometimes they're irreversible.

The hero of our history today is a young guy who is at a crossroads. The future life depends on his decision and further communication with relatives. Can an inexperienced young man make the right choice? listening? Read about it further in the article.

I learned what a poor life is like as a young boy. My father left us when I was one year old. My mother and I have lived with my grandmother ever since. Her pension and my mother's salary were missing. That's why my mother took any part-time job.

From the age of 14, I started helping my mother and grandmother. Handing out flyers and posting ads all over town. Looking for every opportunity to make our lives easier. I didn’t think much about studying because the empty refrigerator spoke for itself. After finishing 9th grade, my great-aunt suggested that my mother take me in.

She lived in the capital and was ready to take care of me. He promised to help with education and admission to the university. My mother and grandmother were very happy, they believed in me, wanted me to stand on my feet. And I, on the contrary, refused at first. But then I realized that without such a burden as me, my family would be easier to cope with.

I spent the whole summer with my grandmother. She bought me new clothes, I began to eat better and literally began to change. Sometimes I looked in the mirror and didn’t believe it was me. There was some motivation to study better in order to enter and get a profession. And then start working and helping mom and grandma.

Grandma Alla worked as an English teacher for many years. So the first thing we did was we got the language. She praised me for my accomplishments. Thanks to her, I finished the 11th grade with good grades and actively prepared for admission.

One day, Grandma Alla said we needed to talk seriously. “Alesha, I have no one but you. I'm so glad I decided to invite you to my place and we've become very close. I want you to know that I will sign my apartment for you. When I'm gone, you can finally settle down here. And don’t even argue with me! said Ba in a quiet, calm voice.

My grandmother gave me a lucky ticket to life, for which I will never tire of thanking her. I was able to enter university and began to study diligently. But at some point, I lost my head. It is all the fault of my classmate Olya, with whom I fell irrevocably in love. Until then, I had no idea what love was. But for Oli, I would do anything.

The ultimatum that changed everything When Grandma found out about Ola, she got very angry. “You need to think about studying, not some girls!” she said. I was very upset because I thought she would be happy for me. But with each passing day, the situation only got worse because my relationship with Olya started to develop very quickly.

At one point, Grandma Alla said something I certainly didn't expect to hear. She started turning me against Oli, saying she didn't want me, she wanted my apartment. And then she gave an ultimatum: “Either you leave your Olya and stay here, or you move out of here and forget everything I told you!”

The same day, I called my mother to consult her. Of course, I didn’t want to break up with Ola because I really loved her. But I felt like I needed support. My mom listened to me and said, "A decision in a person's life has great power." Do as your heart dictates. And I will always be on your side, son.

When Olya found out about everything, she cried and pressed even tighter on my shoulder. “I don’t care where we live. Let it be even the poorest room in the dorm. The main thing is that you are near! – whispered Olya.

My life was divided into before and after. My grandmother was not ready for me to leave her. But I did. There was a mountain of unresolved problems ahead. But every day, there was a great power growing inside me. And her name is Love.

P. S. As I write this, my wife Olya falls asleep in the next room. She's very tired after today: our baby's teeth have started to cut. I will go and kiss them again before bed.

Such kind stories prove that genuine feelings have incredible power. And no matter how hard decisions are made in life, you can move mountains if you believe in yourself. We sincerely hope that the main character of the story will continue to develop in the best way.

And if you want to wish him something, we look forward to you in the comments. Let’s share the good things with each other in such difficult times!

Tags

See also

New and interesting