The greed of rich mothers-in-law, who do not allow children to live in one of their apartments

It is great when parents can help adult children in these difficult times. But more often than not, reality dictates its rules. problems with young families It is up to those who have not yet managed to get on their feet. Naturally, for help, young people decide to turn to their parents - their closest people.

Don’t think what I’m saying, but my mother-in-law and father-in-law are very strange people. Judge for yourself: they are quite wealthy, they live beautifully, and they do not want to help the only son Anton (my husband). In one voice they say that he must earn everything himself, Alexandra writes.

“All would be well, but they themselves inherited most of their property. I’m a stranger to them and they don’t owe me anything. Let Anton make an independent man. But what did the grandchildren do? ?

By the way, Anton and I have three children. We have not yet earned our own housing, so we have to rent. And this is easy to say, but try to move with small children from one rented apartment to another. It's a nightmare! What you earn is spent on rent, food and clothes. We are trying to save money, but we cannot put off something significant.”

“A mother-in-law and father-in-law have two apartments. They don't rent them out because they've recently made expensive repairs and they're worried that the tenants there might break everything. But we are not offered to move into any of these apartments. I suspect they care more about the renovation than about our family.”

“One day I could not stand it and hinted to my mother-in-law that it would be good for us to settle somewhere, so as not to move with the children. My mother-in-law said I shouldn’t have given birth so early. I should have waited. Get a home first and then...

Having kids is your fault? In other words, my mother-in-law believes that my husband and I are to blame. He and I dreamed of having a big family. I had my first child quite late, at 28. Where else to wait? But the husband's mother doesn't seem to understand that.

“This is how it is now? My parents live in a village, don’t earn much, and they can’t help us much. They can, but they don't. Is it possible to treat an only son like that? Do they care what their grandchildren are growing up in? ?

“I don’t want to ruin my relationship with my mother-in-law, because she can spend some time with her children. But how can you communicate with such a soulless person? Are they two gonna live in three apartments, or what? I just don't get it. In a few years they will grow old and who will they come to for help? Anton and I. And why should I help them then? asked Alexandra.

When it comes to money, even in the warmest family relationships, there is tension. It is one thing when close people do not have the opportunity to help. But it’s different if they just don’t want to do it because of their beliefs. There's a conflict here.

What do you think about that? Should a daughter-in-law be offended by miserly mother-in-law? Or do the husband’s parents have the right to dispose of their property as they please?

Tags

See also

New and interesting