What to say to a child who cries that the family never has money and does not give gifts

Despite the hard times, our parents always tried to raise us decent people. And no matter how difficult they were, they always managed to raise their child polite, compassionate and honest. On the Internet, I came across a touching story about a little girl, the story was written by Elena Konovalova. The gift of the daughter for the birthday to buy was not for anything – before the parents was a difficult choice.

Sonia ran into the kitchen excited, even forgot to take off her shoes. She ran into the kitchen, where her mother took a long time to count something and wrote it down in a notebook. When my mother heard my daughter, she looked up and said,

- First, take off your shoes, and second, wash your hands.

- And thirdly, it's my birthday soon! I've already got a gift: I want a new jacket.

- We are not going to celebrate this year, I am sorry.

- Why don't we, Sonya was ready to cry, Mom, don't you love me at all?

- Honey, don't be offended, Dad's salary is delayed again, and Costa needs winter shoes.

Difficult choices – you never have money! What do I tell my girlfriends? I've already invited them over for a honeymoon. Everyone will laugh at me.

Sonya ran to her room and slammed the door. And my mother stood by the stove to warm up lean pasta. Ninety-four years old, the salary has been delayed for several months, and sometimes you have to take provisions - at least something. So now my husband was given a bag of pasta and a bag of sugar. I did, what else do I do? The eldest son, Kostya, has been wearing autumn shoes for the second year in winter. It's very cold. My mother burst into tears of powerlessness. What can she do?

- Mom, what are you doing? Kostya stood behind and patted his mother on the head. - Is Sonya hysterical again?

- She wants to have a party and she's already invited her friends. This year we will not be able to celebrate with our father. Sit down, eat pasta.

- I'll talk to her.

- No, Sonya's right. Of course she's upset, it's her day.

- Let him grow up already, calmly said the father, who came from the night shift.

Dad, it's her birthday.

- So choose whether to celebrate your birthday or buy you winter shoes.

Kostya did not think long, the younger sister after all.

- I've been two years, and I still do. Let Sonya have a party.

The parents silently went about their business. Sonia was told that she was having a party and that she could have friends. The girl kissed her mother and father with joy and did not notice how her mother looked sadly at Kostin’s skinny shoes.

Until the birthday, which was December 15, there were three days left. And before that, severe frosts began. Sonya frolic with classmates in the yard after school, sculpted a snowman and played snowballs. One girl asked Sonya why her brother didn't go out for a walk. And Sonya just shrugged her shoulders: how she probably doesn't want to know.

Coming home, Sonya ran into the kitchen and sat down by the battery.

- Mom, make some tea, please. It's very cold outside. And you, Bones, why don't you walk?

- I don’t want to, my mother only looked sadly at my son, and he did not blink an eye.

- Grandma's gonna give me some money, and I've got enough for a jacket. I can't wait.

The next day it snowed to the knee. Kostya walked, clutching his teeth and gently jumping over snowdrifts. Something hit him on the head, it was Sonya who threw a snowball.

- Kostya, let's play, there's still time.

- Not today, the girl’s mother said in her head: “Kosta needs winter shoes,” Sonya involuntarily looked at her brother’s autumn shoes.

The long-awaited birthday party began as a custom: in the morning, Sonya woke up from the dizzying smell of her mother’s mead. All the friends came to congratulate her, the grandmother came in the afternoon and gave her an envelope. The next day Sonya ran to the market with a friend. I tried on my dream jacket again.

- You look so good in it! Take what you're worth.

Sonya counted the money and sighed. She took off her jacket and went to the counter with men's shoes. She looked at the warmest couple, counted the money again, and said without a doubt, "Wrap it up."

On this day he and his brother walked in the yard until the evening. They jumped, ran, sledged and were so happy. My mother stood by the window and cried. Whether it's because she's having such kind children, or because she can't give them everything they want. But at this point she was proud of her grown-up daughter.

Tags

See also

New and interesting