How a sense of humor helped a man avoid a speeding ticket

One man saved up a lot of money to buy an expensive convertible. When he retired, he finally fulfilled his dream and gave himself a Christmas present. He went to the salon, bought a car and immediately drove it on the country highway.

The old man enjoyed the wind and the feeling of freedom, carrying at great speed. Suddenly, in the rearview mirror, he noticed a police car with flashing lights chasing him.

- Oh, cool! the old man thought and started driving even faster. - I won't have a problem getting away from these cops!

But the police car did not lag behind. The man still came to his senses and turned to the side of the road. A young policeman approached him and said:

Sir, you and I don't need any trouble. It's Christmas Eve, my shift is supposed to be over in 20 minutes, I want to get home quick. If you give me a reason why you were speeding that I haven't heard yet, I won't give you a ticket and I'll let you go.

The old man thought for a second and said to the guy:

- You see, officer... Five years ago, my wife left me for a young police officer. I was afraid you wanted her back!

- Well... I wish you a good evening, sir! the policeman replied laughing and let the old man go home.

The site is now in Classmates! Press:

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting