How to Stop Responding to Others’ Opinions and Assessments

How do you stop reacting emotionally to all judgments about yourself and what you do?

Time and time again I look for answers inside. I want it different. Don’t shut down from pain and pretend that I’m not hurt by opinions and evaluations. The fact is that it is impossible to wound, so that it is difficult to breathe, and it seems that I will not go further. I'll stop where I am and I won't leave the house again.

On the other hand, I want to recognize the right of the other to any judgment, to any vote, because not recognizing this right is dishonest, I seem to deny the other, his “I am”, which has the right to exist.

The question is who do you think you are when there is an emotional reaction, such as anger at criticism. Do you think your true identity is anger?

Of course not. It exists only because you believe it is necessary to protect yourself from others. When you hurt someone else, do you do it intentionally? I don't think. And if so, it's the pain that speaks to you, not the true pain. The same goes for others who get hurt because they don’t understand themselves, they genuinely believe in what they say, and that’s their picture of the world that they have a right to.

Why is this painting bothering you? You want to fix it, fix another without his permission? Isn't he mirroring you, and aren't you obsessed with fixing everything? Leave the other and the anger inside. It's pointless. Take care of the inside.

The moment you get hurt, all you care about and hurt is your own thought that you are not important. Is that really true? Is this what you want to emphasize the “offender”? Or is it your perception and desire to please everyone? If you believe in your insignificance, no praise of the world will help you, nor will your successes. If you or someone else don’t understand something, it’s just ignorance and nothing more. How can one be angry with someone who does not understand and hurts himself first? How can you be angry with yourself, when you do not know and feel, then falling into the quagmire, you again come out of it, wearing clean clothes and continue to walk under the sun.

Whether the shaking or the sun is just circumstances, not your true essence. Live, experiment, learn what you have an irresistible desire for. There is nothing more interesting and more important than this! Once you realize this, you will see others magically “change.” Although, of course, they won't change, and you've got rid of the habit of judging. published

Author: Natalia Khrabrova

P.S. And remember, just by changing our consciousness - together we change the world!

Source: /users/334365

Tags

See also

New and interesting