What is the difference between the future of doubles and excellent students, to be honest

Perhaps the only aspect of my childhood that I regret is my attitude towards my studies and grades. Maybe you thought about the fact that I had poor grades in school, and now I'm sad that I didn't do better. But that is not the case! I was a good girl, and sometimes even an excellent student, and now I regret it.

Now, from the height of my almost thirtieth, I look back quite condescendingly on my school years. At the time, I tried to keep up, didn’t skip classes, and ended up worrying more about school than it was worth. Now I realize that I could easily have given up on most of my studies and that very little would have changed in my present life.

In the eleventh grade, we were all tested, the results of which influenced the admission to university. Nobody looked at the certificate, except that it was completely casual. Over the years, he lost even so little power. However, I clearly remember that almost every point I suffered and shed a lot of tears.

Why are some children so sensitive to school? First, at that time, we still have too little life experience to compare the effort spent and the result. For example, I didn’t hear about the 80/20 rule when I was 14, and it works. It never occurred to me to come to my senses and stop comparing schooling to almost 90% of my life.

Whether it was worth it... A bad grade meant the end of the world for me. Perhaps it was also my mother, who herself did not know how to react to this. On the one hand, she wanted me to study well. And on the other hand, it was important for her to know that grades are not the most important thing in life.

In the end, it turned out that the same three she could react the first time well, and the second just terrible. Of course, this did not bring peace to my psyche. On the contrary, every time I shook on the way home, not knowing what awaited me there.

The childish logic worked so that I came to the obvious (at the time) conclusion: one must always study well and then there will be no scandals and changes in mood. But constantly getting high scores is not easy. Especially when parents don’t have the money.

When I finished high school, I was very happy. I know this will sound strange to many... For me, the school years were the worst in my life. I felt dependent on parents, lessons, opinions and endless demands. Fortunately, when I went to university, I was given complete freedom and I chose what I was really interested in.

Since I entered the university myself, I did not report my scores to anyone but myself. And you know, even though I've had my ups and downs in terms of academic performance, I've had a tremendous amount of fun learning. Moreover, I had the opportunity to communicate with interesting people and gain experience of various kinds. It was a wonderful time...

If you don’t know how to react to your child’s bad grades, try to delve deeper into the situation. Look at the world through his eyes and remember your school years. Also, please, do not punish your child with this nightmare torture of waiting in the style of "here I come and talk to you." My anxiety, which I am still trying to cope with, came from moments like this.

I hated them so much that I still react to people who behave in this way. I can't stand "marination" and painful waiting for the unknown. I try to solve everything and let things go.

How do you feel about your child’s poor grades?

Tags

See also

New and interesting