Holiday of all enamoured — a good marketing move!

To a number of secular holidays in our country has added and is already rooted another polosochki-polutsirkulnye – Valentine's day. It is called Valentine's day.

According to legend, St. Valentine is the patron Saint of lovers. The idea is great, at first I was excited about this alternative to 8 March. I'd like to congratulate our favorite women in isolation from the political and ideological component of the holiday.

But I was always tormented by the question: why is Russia so easily take root it is the "Western" holidays? Indeed, in the Orthodox tradition for millennia, there is the feast of the Holy myrrh-bearers, which is celebrated on the second Sunday after Easter.

This question is trite answer is money. Cards, Valentine cards, symbols in the form of hearts – it all starts very well be sold.

In business, there is such a thing as "demand creation". 14 Feb usual day turned into a day of sales "heart" symbols – a good marketing move!

Well, God with them, with these businessmen. But because February 14 is the eve of the big Orthodox holiday of the presentation of the Lord, which the Church celebrates annually on February 15. And according to the Church Charter, the feast begins with Vespers, performed on the eve. It turns out that instead of having to go to the temple at this time, people subtle way of pushing attached to worldly pleasures.

"It sells well" – will tell you shark marketing not thinking about the blasphemy.

I would like to appeal to the Orthodox youth. February 15 – the day of the presentation of the Lord – recently celebrated the Day of Orthodox youth! Maybe someone else just doesn't know!..

And maybe don't know more about this wonderful holiday as the Day of family, love and fidelity, which is timed to the day of memory of saints Murom miracle workers Peter and Fevronia July 8.

I very much love holidays, when all around joy, gifts and laughter. And Christ too, must have loved the holidays, because the first miracle He performed at the wedding feast in Cana of Galilee. But all the time!

Experienced priests claim that the choice of worldly entertainment in the priority of Church holidays to anything good does not.

All these considerations suggest that the promotion of the so-called Valentine's day efforts and some "spiritual" force. Even the name speaks for itself. Let's compare and choose the best one:

• Valentine's day or the Day of family, love and fidelity?
  • March 8 or the Day of the Holy myrrh-bearers?

The choice to do that to us!published

Author: Georgy Abramov

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.pravchelny.ru/all_publications/publications/?id=7450

Tags

See also

New and interesting