A former gambler has devoted his fortune to the protection of nature

MC Davis, a former gambler and businessman has invested 90 million $ to open the largest private reserve in the United States. Over the past 20 years, he has planted 8 million trees and now the forest is full of endangered species. Development programme reserve painted for 300 years.

Their 70 years of American MS Davis has come a long way from the cramped trailer on a dirt road to a millionaire. Save your first capital in the industry, he was engaged in trading of land and property rights. So he made hundreds of millions, but 20 years ago there was aturn in his mind.

MS Davis says: "it All started when I was stuck in traffic. It was raining and I was very annoyed. And then saw a school marquee with the words "Presentation of a Black Bear". I don't know why I went there. I didn't even know was there in Florida when some black bears. It was the usual lecture on his native land for children, about how dying our nature, that it is necessary to protect and preserve".

For Davis this lecture was a revelation and he plunged into the topic with the same passion, which previously played cards.

He devoted his entire fortune to the protection of nature.

For 20 years Davis has invested about $ 90 million to buy land from logging companies and to restore forests that have been completely deforested about 100 years ago.

The project he named Nokuse that the language of the Indian tribe the Creek means "Black bear."

He found the swamp pine, which formerly grew here, and planted 8 million trees. But, it's not just the trees, for 20 years he completely restored the entire ecosystem that was once on this earth. It was thought that before these lands (10 million hectares) under forest cover swamp pine, which in the 1930-ies was completely cut down and turned into lumber.

Now here came a new forest, home to eagles, ospreys, bobcats, foxes, raccoons, armadillos.

In fact, this is only the beginning of the project Nokuse designed for as much as 300 years. Most Davis have long to live, he has lung cancer 4th stage, but his cause will continue his team.

All the money he painted on long-term development program of the project, but also for the maintenance of the ecological education centre, which he designed for annual training for thousands of students of the state of Florida.published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: masterok.livejournal.com/2861586.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting