Observe period of twenty four hours...

When Gurdjieff was only nine years old, his father died. The father was poor. Dying, he called Gurdjieff close to him and said:

I have nothing to leave you a legacy. I'm poor, and my father was also poor, but he gave me only one, and that made me the richest man in the world, although on the outside I remained poor. I can tell you the same thing.

This specific advice. Maybe you're too young and won't be able to follow him right now, but remember it. When you can act according to this advice, go for it. The advice is simple. I'll repeat it, because I am dying, listen carefully and repeat after me, I die satisfied that conveyed a message, which may be, for centuries, passed from father to son.

The message was simple. The father said:

— If somebody insults you, irritates, provokes, just tell him: "I understand your message, but I promised dad I'd reply just in twenty four hours. I know you're angry, I understand. I'll answer you in twenty four hours". And as well-to observe period of twenty four hours.

Nine-year-old boy repeated what the father had, and his father died, but passed at that point, the message was imprinted forever. When he repeated the message, the father said:

Okay. Let them be with you my blessings; I can die in peace.

He closed his eyes and died. And Gurdjieff, even though he was only nine years old began to practice it. Someone insulted him and he said:

— I'll be there in twenty-four hours to answer you because I made a promise to his dying father. Right now I can't tell you.

Maybe someone hit him, and he said:

— You can beat me; right now I can't answer. Twenty-four hours I will come and meet you, because I made a promise to a dying father.

And he later told his disciples:

Is a simple message transformed me totally. This man beat me, but I couldn't react at that moment, I had no choice but to watch. I had nothing to do: now this man hit me, and I have to be just a spectator! Twenty-four hours was nothing to do.

And watching this man created in me a new kind of crystallization. Twenty-four hours I could see clearly. My eyes were full of anger. If I answered right at that moment, I would fight with this man, I'd hit this man, and it would have been unconscious reaction. But twenty-four hours I might think about it more calmly, more quietly. Either he was right — I did something wrong and needed one, deserved to beat me, insulted, or he was completely wrong. If he was right, nothing remained but to come to him and say thank you. If he was absolutely wrong... then there was no point in fighting with someone who is so stupid and makes absolutely the wrong thing. It's pointless, it's just a waste of time. He doesn't deserve any response.And twenty-four hours everything had fallen into place, and there is clarity.

And with this clarity and observation in the moment Gurdjieff has become one of the most unique beings of this age. And that was the fundamental basis of the whole crystallization of his being.published

You're always outside. Just watch

©Sri Rajneesh Osho. Path of the mystic

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: xn--80aamndpejejq.xn--p1ai/index.php/poleznaya-informatsiya/1-2

Tags

See also

New and interesting