On arriving in the USSR, Marlene Dietrich begged me to let her see Paustovsky. Their meeting became a legend!

Meeting of the American Diva and the Soviet writer looks at least strange. That could tie Konstantin Paustovsky and Marlene Dietrich? Site publishes a story that explains everything. When Marlene Dietrich arrived in the Soviet Union, she was asked: "What would you like to see in Moscow? The Kremlin, Bolshoi theatre, Lenin's tomb?"And this is not available, the goddess suddenly said quietly: "I'd like to see the Soviet writer Konstantin Paustovsky. This is my dream for many years!»

Forty six million four hundred forty six thousand five hundred fifty seven

To say that the audience was shocked is to say nothing. World star — and "some" Paustovsky?! That kind of nonsense?!

But all — on foot! And in the evening Paustovsky, already seriously ill, finally, found. What happened at the presentation, Dietrich, became a legend. Came on the scene, a little unsteadily, man. And a world star, a friend of Remarque and Hemingway — suddenly, without saying a word, dropped to her knees before him in his evening dress embroidered with stones. The dress was narrow, thread began to burst and stones rained down on the stage. And she kissed his hand and then pressed it to his face, filled with absolutely no cinematic tears.

And the entire great hall froze at first and then suddenly, slowly, hesitantly, looking back, as if ashamed of something! — began to rise. And exploded with applause!

And then, when Paustovsky sat in the chair, and the hall, having beaten palm, calmed down, Marlene Dietrich explained that the biggest literary event in his life believes the story of Constantine Paustovsky "Telegram", which she happened to read in translation in any German collection. "Since then, I felt a duty to kiss the hand of the writer who wrote it. And here — has come true! I am happy that I managed to do it. Thank You!»

via www.facebook.com/upsya/posts/1417169371645799

Tags

See also

New and interesting