Interactive installation by Itay Ohaly

The work of Israeli designer Itai Ohali

Israeli designer Itay Ohaly presented his new interactive project “Coloured Memories” at the Design Museum Holon in Israel’s Holon. The exhibition is expected to be available until June 7.

Interactive installation "Coloured Memories" by Itai Ohali

The designer’s installation occupies two adjacent rooms separated by a wooden bar. In each - dark walls and a few furniture: table, stools, frames ... In short, embodied minimalism. However, behind all the apparent asceticism lies a real riot of colors, it is only a little scrape the upper layer.

Behind all the seeming asceticism lies a real riot of colors, it is only a little scrape the upper layer.

“As a child,” Itai recalls, “we would take a piece of paper, paint it in different colors, and then pour paraffin over it or put black gouache over it.” When the gouache layer dried up, you could scratch anything on top. That was great!

Visitors to the museum are invited to participate in the interactive part of the project presented by the first room. Anyone can satisfy the creative hunger, and at the same time check what is hidden under the black paint. To ensure that the colorful layer is not damaged by excessive efforts of visitors, Itai prudently fixed it with a special oil.

Visitors to the museum are invited to participate in the interactive part of the project presented by the first room.

In the second room, visitors can compare their drawings with the work of a professional: Itai himself worked here. “I presented my own interpretation of this technique,” says the artist, “I was interested in showing the audience what can be done using such a simple, at first glance, method.”

In the second room, visitors can compare their drawings with the work of a professional: Itai himself worked here.

Itai Ohali was born in Israel in 1979. Today, Ohali is a successful Israeli designer. His works are often found in various art spaces, including the country’s major art museums. Prior to graduating from his master’s program at Design Academy Eindhoven in the Netherlands, Ohali worked as a carpenter and then as an industrial designer.

Interactive installation from childhood: a new project by an Israeli designer

Source: www.kulturologia.ru/

Tags

See also

New and interesting