How to cultivate good and healthy habits

Human nature is the same, only habits, to distinguish them. ~ Confucius

Did you ever thought that one is much easier to erase something from your life than to bring in it? This fact has made me seriously think.

Because really, the challenge we set ourselves, usually associated with our desire to get rid of something. For example, to quit drinking coffee. Or stop consuming foods containing gluten. We can limit myself to watching TV, but what is difficult to force yourself to read every day!

I took this problem as a personal challenge. Especially because in my life I managed to develop some good habits: I started daily journaling, exercise, cook yourself. As I brought up these healthy habits? And what lessons can be applicable to developing good habits?

Decide what's important to you Is critical and important step to develop new habits in your life. You can't just "like wanting to learn to play the guitar and to expect that a week begins to strum a new song. You must be self-motivated.

When I first started journaling, there were times when I didn't believe that I will be able to write daily. I later got up I had work that needed to be done, or I just didn't want to take a pen. I had to remind myself that I have the obligation to themselves and this is important.

Good way of reminder, especially if you have well-developed visual memory, — write a list of all the reasons why you believe it is important to develop a new habit. Decorate it. Make sure that you liked him. Now put it in the place where you will see it every day: attach to the bathroom mirror, on the dashboard of the car, on the fridge.

This list will serve as a reminder of your goal, regardless of time, regardless of whether you have the opportunity to do it now or not. After a while, you will like the information to the bone, and the need for the reminder will disappear. After several months, questions such as: am I going to take up a diary or if I have free time, will simply cease you have.

Tell us about your intention , This idea may seem strange or ridiculous. How can you tell me about your decision to your friends? Sometimes it just happens by itself during the conversation. Sometimes it doesn't go so smoothly, and in this case you will have just more upfront about their intentions.

Do not stop and continue to talk about your decision to all friends and acquaintances. The more you identify yourself with your new habit, the more it becomes a part of you. Also, when you tell other people about your commitments to yourself, you will be harder to Dodge them. You will be called to account.

If to speak about my experience, I started in the gym, was the one who talked about his training every day. I've never been an extremely active person, so at first I thought it was really strange, but over time this habit became part of me. In addition, my colleagues every morning and wondered: "How was practice today in the hall?", so I felt that I must continue to go there. You need another plus to your initiative? You can inspire others by their personal example to try something new, just like you. Or join you in your endeavor.

When you start something new, well, if next to you will be the person to whom you can turn to for advice. However, do not have to look for a man with whom I can talk to in person. Go to the library and look for books about your new hobby. Perhaps there are some training DVDs. And the Internet can be a source of necessary resources. You can go on forums dedicated to your topic or to watch a video online.

When it comes to learning or trying to do something new, first of all we are waiting for a short period of struggle, no matter why we decided to cultivate a new habit because of their own motivation or just because we needed to develop a set of skills. Don't collect all questions within. Ask someone on the street. Find the answer.

But one of the most remarkable moments trying to learn something new, is that the information you have received, then as if eats into your brain. It seems that the best way to improve your skills in any field, just to face a problem you need to solve.

Let your occupation will be your routine As a person who is a big fan of spontaneity, believe me, a routine is absolutely not to my taste. But not as bad. So habits are formed. Try to engage in your new activity every day, if possible, at the same time. They say that morning is the best time when a person has a peak force of will. Maybe this option will work for you. But some of us are "owls" and are most active in the wee hours.

Just find a time that suits you and stick to it. If you carved out some time for your classes, then the probability that you will still do more than if you just plan to do it during the day.

Keep planned You are not able to cultivate the habit, if not keep doing it repeatedly for a long time. That is the definition of habits, isn't it? Give yourself a promise to do your new activity for a certain period of time. Studies show that in order to strengthened a new habit, it takes 21 days. I don't know whether it is really 100%, but regardless of my opinion, this term is exactly what we need to strive for. Personally, I prefer the period of 30 days.

Remember that you don't have to do something every day. You can't go have weekly meetings with the club. Just in case you will need to give yourself more time to develop habits.

Do not be discouraged if something you have does not work, or, for example, your daily exercise turned into a weekly. At least you tried and that's more than some people made in their lives.

If it is really important to you, keep trying. Although you set a time for yourself, you determine the rate at which are in accordance with your wishes.

We are all very vulnerable when learning something new, even the best of us who seem to crave constructive criticism. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember: this planet is full of new things which you can study and you can try. Supply is simply inexhaustible.

Source: justpost.com.ua

Tags

See also

New and interesting