Nikolai Drozdov about vegetarianism and healthy lifestyle

Thirty three million one hundred seventy three thousand five hundred sixty seven

Nikolai Drozdov — Professor of MSU, doctor of biological Sciences, host of the television show "world of animals" since 1977, Member of the International Union for conservation of nature, Advisor to the UN Secretary-General on ecology, academician of the Russian Academy of television, laureate of many international and domestic awards. Born June 20, 1937 (77 years old).

"I became a vegetarian in 1970 when I worked together with Alexander Zguridi in India. I have been reading books about the teachings of yoga, and realized that eating meat is not necessary for three reasons because: it is poorly digested; moral (animals don't need to offend); the spiritual, it turns out that vegetarian diet makes a person more calm, friendly, peaceful."

Of course, a big animal lover and before this trip I thought about the moratorium on meat, but once acquainted with the culture of this country, became a staunch vegetarian and took up yoga. In addition to meat, thrush tries not to eat eggs, but sometimes allows himself to kefir, yogurt and curds. However, pampering yourself with these products by the presenter only on holidays. For Breakfast thrushes prefer oatmeal, because it considers it very useful, and be sure to eat mashed pumpkin. And during the day he eats vegetables, salads, Jerusalem artichoke, cucumber, cereal and zucchini. As my wife says Drozdov Tatiana: “Nicholas just loves zucchini and eats them in any form.”

from an interview with "the Benefits and harms of meat diets"

— With age, the meat should be abandoned – that is the secret of centenarians. And so says Nikolai Drozdov.
Nicholas, your opinion is so authoritative, so please to refer to the fact that you're now going to tell us.
I know that you're whole life was a man who likes to live, to eat, to try everything. But you gave up meat. How did this happen?

— Yeah! Well, it's been a long time! Long ago! In the 1970's.

— Nikolay Nikolaevich, and what was the reason for such denial?

— I felt that I overload myself. Something to eat and to digest so much effort is spent. It's a pity to waste time.
And here we come with Alexander Zguridi, the founder of our program "animal world", he invited me as a scientific consultant for the shooting of his movie "Riki Tiki Tavi", the story of Kipling. into India.
In India, we go shoot. Everything everywhere has traveled for more than two months. And I looked everywhere in the literature of yoga, which we then had in the paddock. And here I see that most it was possible to guess – the person is not suited by nature to the meat diet.
Here, let's see.
Mammals are divided into the tooth system.
First came the small carnivorous shrews, carnivorous sharp teeth. And now they are running around in the undergrowth. They catch insects, chew them with these teeth. This is the first stage.
After them came the primates. First, such a primitive, similar to shrews, then came the prosimians, monkeys then.
Prosimians still eat everything, and teeth they are sharp.
By the way, the larger apes, the more they switched to a vegetarian diet. And the gorilla, the orangutan and the big baboons they, who walk the mountains of Ethiopia just eat grass. There's even a wood food, so they just graze these herds.

— Nikolay Nikolaevich, what product you replaced the protein? What do you think?

— Plants have as much protein vegetable. Especially peas, beans, spinach, beans. This plant protein may be for the construction of our body.
There is an old vegetarian diet where no dairy products and eggs.

The so — called pure vegetarianism

— Yeah. And here is the young vegetarianism allows dairy products and eggs. And it is better to consume dairy products, this is understandable. Without meat so you can live well.

Eighty two million seven hundred forty seven thousand nine hundred seventy four

From an interview 

"In old age to live a fun, interesting and instructive, you learn more and more new, read more. With years of homo sapiens, i.e., Homo sapiens is increasingly being felt spiritual components of life, and physical needs on the contrary, decrease. Although some sometimes Vice versa. But this did not lead to anything good. Here is a man at the age of not taking care of himself, drinks, eats, goes to Nightclubs — and then surprised that he had poor health and appearance, he put on weight, have shortness of breath, aching all over. And for someone to blame, but yourself? If in youth excesses can somehow be compensated, in old age — is no more. That's the old age is God forbid, the person punished himself. I can't even call homo sapiens.

How I manage to keep fit and a positive attitude?
Nothing new, I opened it up. Life is movement. But the twentieth century gave us such conveniences of civilization, from which develops a murderous lack of exercise. Therefore I would advise to forget about the sofa, soft chairs, pillows and warm blankets, and Wake up bright and early and elementary to run. For example, I am fond of ice swimming, skiing and horse riding. And for five years as don't watch TV, although I myself work in television. All the news learn from the people. Eat less meat (and I do not eat it). And a good mood is not going anywhere.

And speaking from a spiritual, moral point of view, I think, my prayer support, my great uncle, the Metropolitan of Moscow Filaret (Drozdov). Of course, very much gave the parents, they were believers.

Not only a love of nature, but, more importantly, faith in God, hope and love — these eternal values have become my credo, a philosophy of life.»published 

Source: healthmethod.livejournal.com/4241.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting