Invented the bionic lens-binoculars

Canadian optometrist has invented a tiny bionic lenses that improve vision. Visual acuity in them higher than normal rate 20/20 three times. It is hoped that the new development revolutionaire eye treatment.

Dr. Gareth Webb (Gareth Webb ) from the University of British Columbia invented Ocumetics Bionic Lens like a transparent button lens, which is painless are injected into the eye of a person in just eight minutes is identical to the procedure to surgically remove the cataract.

To create innovative lenses spent eight years of research and $ 3 million investment. The product uses a patented optical system Ocumetics. Biomechanical tiny camera is able to quickly change focal length, allowing you instantly to translate the look objects close to the ones that are at a great distance.

This improved view of the world has never seen. If you can hardly see the clock face from a distance of 10 feet, with bionic lenses will be able to see it from 30 feet, — said the publication of Canadian Press chief Executive officer Ocumetics Technology Corp Gareth Webb.

At the age of 45 years, I have to wear glasses for reading that I, like many other people, find offensive. Still, I curse your progressive glasses. I also use contact lenses, which are also much hate.

With age, the lens inside the eye becomes cloudy, eyesight drops developing cataracts. Bionic lenses, which are injected into the eye of the person using the syringe, replace the optical power cloudy lens and restore vision. The patient will never suffer from cataract, the company claims.

According to Ocumetics Technology Corp, incorporated in the lens technology enables reproduction of images that do not cause eyestrain and headache.

Webb hopes that the technology, which projects 3D images directly into the user's eyes, can also be used in handsets that will replace mobile devices, televisions and computer monitors.

For several years, scientists are developing liquid lenses, which have no moving parts. These lenses consist of one or two kinds of liquid in the small chamber. When light passes through the camera the image is magnified and focused. Lenses are configured using weak electric current.

The development of liquid lenses also do Samsung, Sony and Olympus. The company plans to apply this technology in consumer cameras and mobile devices. However, they are not so good at this, as Ocumetics.

Webb argues that its development has many advantages over the technology of liquid lenses at a cost, response time, optical resolution, focus mode, image stabilization, power, and aperture size.

After the presentation of his invention at the meeting of the American society of cataract and refractive surgery in San Diego in April, ophthalmologists and surgeons from around the world interested in the Bionic Lens.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: hi-news.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting