The idea of meatless pâté, sauces and baking

For example, if you are tired of hummus as well as me and question what to spread on bread, remains open, you should ask friends what they cook. If friends of new options there, you can look for ideas in the national cuisine. You should also carefully observe what you say when selling ready meals.

In Georgian cuisine there is a dish like Phal. It can be described as a cold vegetable pate with the same base of ground nuts, pepper, garlic and herbs. In such a framework are added various powdered supplements, and every time we get a new flavor: spinach, beetroot, mushrooms, beans, cabbage. Those who do not like spicy, you can add the garlic and Chile.

Pkhali from beets
  • Beet 600 g
  • Cilantro 1 bunch
  • Chili
  • Walnuts 150 g
  • Garlic 2 cloves
  • Khmeli-suneli
  • Pomegranate seeds
  • Salt
Beet to boil and RUB on a grater. Walnuts grate, grind in a meat grinder or blender, finely chop the greens. Garlic chop or skip through chesnokodavilku. Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add salt and season with spices to your taste. The finished dish garnish with pomegranate seeds.

Pkhali from mushrooms

• Mushrooms 500 g
  • Onions 1 PC.
  • Cilantro 1 bunch
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Walnuts 150 g
  • Chili
  • Vegetable oil
  • Pomegranate seeds
  • Salt
Boil mushrooms and finely chop. Peel the onion and fry on a low flame, combine with the mushrooms, allow to cool. All the ingredients skip through a meat grinder or beat with a blender, mix well, add salt. When serving, garnish with pomegranate seeds.

Pkhali of spinach
  • Spinach (fresh or frozen) 500 g
  • Green coriander 100 g
  • Walnuts 150 g
  • Chili
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Pomegranate seeds
  • Salt
Frozen spinach stew in a pan until evaporation. If you have fresh spinach, then dip it in hot water and let it sit there for 15 minutes, then drain in a colander and let the water drain out. Pass all ingredients through a meat grinder, mix and season with salt. Decorate the dish with pomegranate seeds.

Pkhali from the beans
  • Beans 500 g
  • Onion 1 piece
  • Parsley 1 bunch
  • Cilantro 1 bunch
  • Chili
  • Walnuts 150 g
  • Khmeli suneli-1 pinch
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Pomegranate seeds for decoration
  • Salt
Beans boil until tender, drain and allow to cool. Combine with remaining ingredients and pass through a meat grinder or beat with a blender. Add salt and season with spices to taste. The finished dish garnish with pomegranate seeds.

Green sauce

In Italian, French, German and Mexican cuisine there is a sauce of herbs, also known as the "green" sauce. It is most similar to soft chopped salad. Wikipedia gives us this information about it: the basic recipe came from, probably from the Middle East and has an age of at least 2 000 years. Roman legionaries brought it to Italy, where he fell in France and Germany. The German version of the sauce uses a different blend of herbs as Mediterranean herbs in Germany at that time it was hard getting it. Try to cook it at home. If you do not have any component — not a problem, the "green" sauce is just a mixture of herbs, seasoned with lemon juice and spices. Try something different.

• Olive oil 5 tbsp
  • Mint fresh 1\2 beam
  • Ground black pepper 1 pinch
  • Fresh parsley 1\2 beam
  • Salt 2 pinches
  • Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) 1 tbsp.
  • Mustard 1 tbsp
  • White bread 60 g
  • 1 clove garlic
Wash the cilantro and remove the stems, chop. To put all components in blender and whip. Serve cold vegetable dishes or bread. In the refrigerator the green sauce can be stored for several days.

The sauce of honey and balsamic vinegarSauce, which I will mention below, I tried it in a tiny café-restaurant at the foot of Montserrat mountain, Spain. Was advent and I was questioned (read: tortured) the waiter what is in each dish to determine if there are animal products.

In the end, I chose the salad of fresh leaves, boldly reasoning that it can't be anything animal, and fish fillet. At the time of ordering the waiter something was trying to tell me about the unusual sauce, which were present in both dishes, but I shrugged him off, only specifying whether it's eggs and sour cream. And for good reason. It was necessary to talk in more detail about the sauce, but the moment was lost. Because filed the recipe below can be safely assumed peeped in a nameless restaurant but the proportions in this it my.

So, mind the sauce resembles a thick black warm caramel. When solidification sticks to your teeth, then honey in it. Hence the ratio of ingredients. If you don't like its taste. Sauce to use when serving salads, fish. You can safely use when making vegetable dishes and cereals.

100 g of honey
100 g balsamic vinegar

In a saucepan over medium heat bring to a homogeneous condition honey and vinegar, stirring all the time. Hot zigzags to make the desired dish. Serve immediately.

Jam from carrots with the zest and lemon juicein the Summer on a visit I tried the jam with lemon zest and realized how it changes and enriches the familiar taste of the original product. A sample I got jam from plums with the addition of lemon peel and jam of apricots with the zest of lemon. Fabulously delicious. Now we have no way to cook apricots and plums. Try to do incredible that is always at hand.

• Lemons 1kg
  • Carrots 1 kg
  • Sugar 2 kg
  • Vanilla
Scald the lemons and remove the zest. Squeeze of lemon juice. Scrape the carrots and grate or mince. Combine all with sugar and cook, constantly stirring on low heat for 40 minutes. At the end add vanilla.

Brittle homemadeGirlfriend gave me a gift bag with cookies (as I originally thought). It was very tasty, and at the first opportunity, I sincerely thanked her for the treat. Only in conversation it became clear that the bag wasn't a cookie, and peanut brittle. In my memory preserved memories of peanut brittle as monolithic heavy plate of very sweet caramel that firmly imbedded peeled sunflower seeds. Girlfriend also gave me pretty roundels (in the form of biscuits, cookies) from sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and something else beyond description. But the main and distinctive characteristic was the fact that the miracle in the bag was not cloyingly sweet, there was no signs of a terrible caramel monolith. On reflection, I decided that at home it is possible to do something like that.

So, we presume that the sets can be put virtually all seeds and nuts, choose available.

• 500 g of a mixture of hulled sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, crushed hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.
  • 150 g sugar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Form for baking muffins (or silicone molds)
  • A big bowl
Seeds and nuts fry on a dry pan. On a dry pan pour sugar, add water and lemon juice and cook the caramel over medium heat, stirring all the time, until Golden brown. Since the caramel hardens very quickly, all you have to do in Tempe. In a large bowl, combine the mixture of seeds, nuts, hot caramel and stir quickly. Caramel we only need to seeds stuck together. Put the mass into molds with a layer of about 1.5 cm, press and allow to cool.

Lenten chocolate cake-poppy

The following recipe is boldly write in meals, since I'm the author.

For the first layer of dough:

• Applesauce 1 tbsp
  • Sugar 1 tbsp
  • Flour 2 tbsp
  • Margarine 1\2 packs
  • Baking powder 1 p. achka
  • Cocoa 4 tbsp.
For the second layer:

• Applesauce 1 tbsp
  • Mak 1 St
  • Nuts chopped 1/2 C
  • Raisins 1\2 St
  • Sugar 1\2 St
  • Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Knead a soft dough of melted margarine, applesauce, sugar, cocoa, flour and baking powder. Spread the batter evenly on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Separately mix in a bowl the applesauce, poppy seeds, chopped nuts, raisins and sugar. Put the resulting mass on top of the chocolate dough, even out and put in the oven on 180 degrees for 40 minutes. Ready cake sprinkle with powdered sugar or cover, when cool, a layer of melted chocolate pastry (it is vegetable oil).

Under the poppy mass can further spread the frozen cherries, pitted, will be even tastier. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.matrony.ru/idei-postnyih-pashtetov-sousov-i-vyipechki/

Tags

See also

New and interesting