Habit to apply the use

Recently happened to me is the story. I turned to my good friend asking to go with her sister to Church. They say that the girl has never been to confession and communion. And now very concerned. And without this godmother to be not allowed.

I'm not going to discuss now the question of the churching of individual personality. Know that there will always be clever "righteous", who will throw a stone, "Here, you first need to learn the basics of the Orthodox faith, Church like, and only then becomes the godmother. Since the task of the godparents is the upbringing of the godchild in the Orthodox Church, prayer is about him and care about his soul." Of course it is. But God works in mysterious ways. Who knows when and how God touches human hearts, could, at the very moment of the sacrament of baptism, or first communion in front of him. It is a secret only two.

I not undertake to judge. In the end, between my coming to Orthodoxy and churching it's been almost ten years. And met the Lord, I also through the baptism of children, however, their. But it's too personal.

So here came this girl on the conversation with the priest, the service was like. Everything as it should be. With such enthusiasm and the priest undertook to introduce man into the Church life that she was a little scared. Like all councils the right to read the Bible, go to Sunday school for adults, regularly attending services. But as said my friend: "I am ready to learn new things, then when I strive to, not when I require". I understand it. Man wants to enter this river gradually, and he is forced to jump from the tower.

Thank God, she's a person Mature. Do not fear that, yielding to the pressure, will begin to go to Church mechanically, doing the boring and incomprehensible ritual. I sincerely hope that sooner or later it will happen the same Meeting, for which only it is necessary to go to Church.

I've then thought about the situation, and all the while my head is spinning phrase burdens grievous to be borne. Maybe it's not quite appropriate, but it is this I have an Association.

And as we sometimes like to impose on each other these burdens. This applies not only to religious life. Although in this area such most conspicuous. Who among us has not experienced — should give a hint, they say, want to go to Church, light a candle, as he read a lecture on theology. Instantly plan trips to Holy places. Is that a sample list of sins for confession is not sketched. (Although it happens sometimes.) By the end of the inspirational speech eyes inadvertently shared their plans to sacrifice someone else's enthusiasm is usually extinguished. And people still think ten times whether to even go to Church. Suddenly there are all these.

Even worse he was Church-going people. Every grandmother in the parish wants to see around saints. And even knows how others achieve this state. At the same time willing to teach you. Will not hesitate to climb even in such intimate sphere, as the post and relations between spouses and number of children. Forgetting that relationships are two — this case two, not the entire ward. Not thinking that some couples do not give birth to a baby in a year not because I don't want to, but because the Lord does not. Or health does not allow. Or the financial strength and capabilities. Although, in the latter case, it is necessary to open the eyes of the faint-hearted, about what it is a sin not to want to raise children in poverty — to Tell you about the Bunny and lawn. (I must admit, I turned out well, as the proverb says. But to encourage everyone to follow my example, do not take the risk, each has its own measure.)

In fact, similar situations happen all the time. Mentioned about his desire to go on a diet, as immediately get a calorie counter on your phone, the list of permitted and prohibited foods, sample menu for a week and training program. And God forbid you ignore the order. Do not be lazy to check and severely punished, as a maximum. At least just offended: "I to you with all my heart, time and effort you have spent. And you... No thanks!"

Why are we so love to impose on others burdens grievous to be borne? First, it is easier to change others than change myself. But still a nice bonus in the form of the title "lifeguard". Let not humanity, and individual personality. Too bad. You need to start small. Second, ordinary vanity.

And many of us have such a victim of our enthusiasm. Everyone has their own. I, for example, the eldest daughter. It's worth it to report the top five at the piano, immediately followed by: "well Done! But come on, you're half an hour more? Then the result will be." "Mom, the priest has blessed the choir". "Great! Now you have to..." And then a long list of what my child needs to achieve a high rank singing.

So I thought, maybe we should show a little less enthusiasm for other people. And all unspent ardor to direct his own life. Do not think that I urge to indifference. To help people can and should be. Especially if you ask about it. However, when not asked, it is still worth to offer help if you need it. But it is to suggest, not impose.

Today, my daughter came home from school happy. "Mom, I have four in English." "Clever girl..." well, if she wants a little more exercise, it will only be her decision.

Source: www.matrony.ru/privyichka-nanosit-polzu/

Tags

See also

New and interesting