Anton Dolin: the Purpose was to break the will of the child

Another Manifesto about education. Today its author — chief film critic of the country Anton Dolin. He recalls that the school had given him and States that she must give to everyone.

Almost everything in life I owe to the school. Sounds boring and out of tune, perhaps, know myself. But it's true.

My first school — French special No. 48 on the Falcon, where I studied my mother, gave me my first friends (we still keep in touch) and the French language. Hence my first and subsequent trips abroad, my first Cannes film festival, and then selected the profession of film critic. Not to mention the enormous number of books read in the original: the list includes Racine, Marquis de Sade, Proust, Houellebecq... Books — the Foundation of my life much more than the movie.

My second school where I went thirteen-year-old, 67-I the grammar school at Borodino panorama, gave me a taste of true freedom.

First love (which I am, in fact, married, that is my family and children also there), first articles, performances, trips

Lots of friends and interesting people, from the father of Alexander I, lecture us, to beloved teachers, the ideal teacher Edward Beznosova (publisher of the first Soviet collection of the Brodsky, by the way), the incomparable Tamara Eidelman, ironic and wise Lion Sobolev.

In the first school I was a b+, the second — is a strong Trinitarian; "excellent" was only on Russian literature. Well, the easier it was to choose a specialization and I went to the Russian Department of the philological faculty of Moscow state University. However, to study there was not much more boring. The school gave me probably a hundred times more.

My eldest child mark went to school for six years, as once I did. Gave to best what is found, English. We expect three years of torment, and it was worth to complain about any of them, as the answer was heard sadistic "Themselves to blame, the child is not ready for school!" The upshot was that he was the only one sitting at the last Desk alone, "so as not to disturb others learn," and got almost one of two.

The teachers were elated, we were in a permanent shock. And then I realized the main thing: to not care about grades — it is necessary to make so that the Brand was good. The important lesson. Most important, I guess

The plan was feasible. Today mark (he's thirteen) is a student in the "Grade center" under the leadership of Sergei Kazarnovskii is a unique school where there is a theatre and music school, dance class, acting skills and stage speech. When it began, I was taught there: a little boy taught a course in fairy tales, older children — course mythology. "Class center" — for children-extroverts who are taught to be individuals, to think independently and create. Such schools, I guess, a little, and it certainly hurt. Mark plays guitar and on stage: this year, for example, played the role of Sganarelle in "the Doctor in spite of himself". He seems all happy, although the lessons before six in the evening is not over and to get home for an hour.

My youngest son Arkady five years, and he already reads a lot, goes to the theater and museums. However, it is to give to the school ahead of time I'm not going. It is obvious that a good school can act as an institution of suppression of the individual (in the early grades is entirely dependent on the class teacher). The later the child with this system will face, the better — the more stable it will be in this inevitable confrontation.

Admiring the benefits of a particular school, strengths of the teacher or teaching system, you need to remember that the purpose of school is to break a child's will, force him to normativity, get to be a part of the team, which he did not choose

The main task of parents — to soften the blow and not become an accomplice of the torturers, even if it butchers inevitably unaware of their punitive mission.

I need to the child is like in school, to feel full and happy. This is more important than grades and praise, is more important than the so-called discipline. I don't want to serve the school I want school to be served to my family. Of course, I don't expect the impossible from it and is willing to put up with the inevitable. I worked in three schools, I have written in the diploma "teacher." I know for myself that teachers are imperfect and deserve sympathy. Yes, and with all the current bureaucracy, they themselves have hard times.

What I put up is not ready and will fight to the last to any form of ideological pressure and brainwashing

The program in history or social studies to represent the present political situation in Russia is the only possible or the best, to all forms of religious propaganda served under the sauce of "learning". At school, where maybe something like that, my children will not learn no way, no how.

But to speak of a global catastrophe in the education system I don't want to. Of course, much bad, even monstrous. However, secondary education remains free, and a smart kid can always enroll in nesnadny school. And further still, the level of training and education will depend on the administration of each individual school, from the classroom teacher and teachers. Every school has a certain level of autonomy: it was in the Soviet Union, as it is today. So the responsibility for what kind of people your children leave school still not on the Ministry of education and teachers. And to an even greater degree on ourselves.

And the school still may not learn math and chemistry, and love and freedom. After school to learn this too late. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: mel.fm/2015/09/28/dolin

Tags

See also

New and interesting