11 things You will regret after forty

Based on the feedback of readers compiled a list of 11 things that should not have been (or, conversely, necessarily should) make between 30 to 40 years.

Your fascinating journey into the thirtieth just beginning or you are already on the verge of 40? No matter, these tips may come in handy.

1. Followed someone else's rules

In 30 years you will feel the weight of public opinion as never before. But don't let others control you! Otherwise you will worry too much about the fact that you need to buy a house or have children, or marry, or finally start a career.

Don't listen to others and live as you like it. If your life deviates from the societal "normal" — no need to feel like the biggest loser. Only one life — enjoy it.

2. Spent too little time with parents

Many regret that spent little time with their parents in while they were quite young and healthy. With such simple pleasures as a joint journey, a walk or even communication are becoming less accessible.

3. Put the work first

Remember: if in 30 work for you would be to stand in the first place, you will regret it. Spend more time with those you love — no money, no promotion will never bring so much joy and excitement.

4. Spent too much time on anger and negativity

You thought that everyone you hate in 30, somewhere to disappear? Wrong. Some of them will still be in your surroundings, so why spend the time and energy? Calculate all of whom feel uncomfortable and try to change the attitude towards them.

Don't waste time on negative thoughts and problems, to influence the decision which you are not.

5. Believed to be old and wreck

Perhaps at 30 you suddenly start often say something like "Well, no, I'm too old (and)!". You know what? This is just nonsense. And those over 50 and 60, I agree. 20 you thought that the world lies at your feet. That's still true. Inside you remain the child listen to it, live it up, enjoy life and youth.

6. Considered others more important than yourself

Maybe you are so enthusiastic about the needs and problems of others that forgot about myself. Urgent stop! As soon as you put yourself first, everything else can work itself out. You will be happier and relationships will improve — in this situation everyone wins.

If you begin to solve its own problems and challenges, you'll have so many regrets, looking back then at 30 years old. All life revolved around a specific person, and then it was over? If you originally had what you need and what exactly you want, it wouldn't have regretted it later.

7. Didn't pay attention to their health

Funny: you kind of already consider myself a man, and the habits you have as a teenager: eat fast food, don't exercise. These small weaknesses it is difficult to refuse, but take health seriously — otherwise, the body will "repay" you for that sooner than you think.

8. Missed chances

Perhaps you have become too cautious. Perhaps the "rules" in the first paragraph of the list tie your hands. Stop trying to be cautious, start living, don't miss your chance.

9. Little set aside and invested

Regret it very much. If earlier you start to save money for retirement you have accumulated a decent savings. And if at 30 you will begin to save and invest, you can retire when you want.

10. Little traveled

The world is at your feet, so let's take a step! Stop being lazy and making excuses — the older you get, the harder it is to find free time for travel.

11. Gave too much importance to what others think

I think this paragraph is peculiar to any age. No need to waste time and energy on empty worrying about what people think — they don't care. And those who don't still accept you as you are.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: insider.pro/EN/article/9334/

Tags

See also

New and interesting