Tobias van Schneider: I for a year to give up alcohol and coffee and this is what came of it

Former head of design at Spotify and founder of platform for creative professionals Semplice published in his blog on Medium note about how he refused alcohol and coffee and what results were achieved over 15 months.

We publish an adapted translation notes. "Today it has been exactly 15 months since I completely gave up coffee and alcohol. And I noticed some interesting consequences of his refusal," writes van Schneider. In his article he described what has changed in his life.

Tobias Van Schneider

1. Savings — about $1000 every month totwo months after the start of the experiment, the entrepreneur noticed that every month he saves about $1,000. "It seems that is a lot, but if you think about it, it's not that big a number. Imagine that the $1000 I spent on just alcohol — it's about $33 a day. Suppose I drink a day 2-3 cocktail, each worth $10, leave a tip the waiter and buy a few bottles of wine per month. That $1000," writes Tobias van Schneider.

The author of the note clarifies that we are not talking about alcoholism — in fact, have a couple of cocktails every day in new York is quite normal.

In addition, says van Schneider, sitting at the bar, people are usually not limited to a couple of cocktails — and he's ordering more food or snacks ("just because a little hungry"), and the order amount increases.

2. Less gossipafter giving up alcohol, the author of the material was noticeably less to meet friends. According to him, it was unpleasant each time to explain why he does not drink, and to be in the company of drunk friends sober. "If I agree to go somewhere, for no longer than an hour. These changes helped me to realize how often our friendship with someone is based only on joint trips to the bar.

"Nobody calls friends "to discuss the latest news sober." We say, "let's get a drink," and we don't need to explain why. Everyone knows what happens next".

3. The improvement in sleep qualityAccording to Tobias van Schneider, after avoiding alcohol and coffee it was much better to sleep. It is not about the process of falling asleep ("filled after a couple of glasses of wine, maybe even better"), but about the dream.

Van Snyder has to Wake up much easier and feels more energetic. "In the morning currently gives to know each drunk a glass of beer. Now I feel much better and much better sleep."

4. Less stress"It can be something more personal, and perhaps this effect avoiding alcohol and coffee will not produce at all." According to the entrepreneur, after the rejection of the coffee he began to experience less stress. In addition, he has normal digestion.

Now van Schneider mostly drinking tea. Since the trip to the coffee shop, in his opinion, more of a social ritual, in this respect, in his life, almost nothing has changed — instead of coffee he orders tea.

Conclusionthe Entrepreneur notes that the decision to give up coffee and alcohol he took, not because I felt bad, and out of interest. The results of the experiment, the author is happy and not going to return to drink harmful drinks.

"I encourage everyone to follow my way. If you are good and your life you like it, don't need to change anything," he writes. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: factroom.ru/life/alcohol-and-coffee

Tags

See also

New and interesting