How to discourage child's desire to tell about yourself

First and foremost:in no case do not tell anything about yourself!

The maximum you can afford is a lisping stories about their own childhood. Only the past — no present! I did not tell him, in fact, about troubles at work, meeting with a friend, the last TV show you watched — what did he understand this!
Remember: once you start a dialogue, to share about their doubts, joys, sorrows, this could open the Pandora box. It will be myself talking about myself. Example is contagious: the child quickly realizes, if he knows nothing about you, about your job, pastime, interests, means it is just another parental manipulation. People do not live and it's just such a strange game: tell me about yourself and I about myself — not a word!

Second.If the child wants to tell something to you, do everything to ensure that he developed a strong belief that it hinders you.

No favors,remember: you are engaged in important work, and it distracts you! Always! And besides: what could be more interesting in the story of this brat! Well someone someone has taken a toy, a girlfriend's new hairstyle, today, someone brought some new game... It is, to tell the truth, really very very boring!
Next. Often ask two types of questions:

The first is General: "how was school". This question is great because it involves only two possible answers: good or bad. Let him know that this is what you want him to do.. An excellent sign of your progress towards the goal if you child shows creativity and still gives a third response: "nothing." This suggests that he finally begins to understand: he'll never be able to interest you.

Do the best that he remember once and for all: this question only applies to studies! Well received the five bad — got two. That's all. A step to the side! The concept of "good" and "bad" attributed to the school, have only one connotation — training!

The second question is specific — "what you've been taught". He finally establishes the child's understanding that his life is not important, in contrast to the material that he taught. This combination is guaranteed to turn away from his stories about himself.

And finally, the last. If you are still after something lost, and a story about his life has overtaken you, take it critically and judge him more severely. No dialogue — only interview! Why you behaved so and not otherwise?! Why did you even tried to kiss him (her) to this conversation (business)?

I told you many times that you cannot do it!.. You want me to forbid you to go there?.. and so on and so forth... So your reaction will gradually teach him to protect you from unnecessary information, and then altogether silenced (additional behaviors of the child in this case read the future post "how to grow the liar")

Go for it! The reward you will eventually become a wonderful sensual solitude, interrupted from time to time only requests and orders, like "give money", "don't tell me how to live", etc., of course, have to congratulate you. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: zicer.livejournal.com/35461.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting