What the Paris don't like Parisians themselves

Honestly, I've tried to write these ten paragraphs in the first person, but I couldn't. Well I don't hate Paris. Not that I hate him. This is the first. And secondly, here among the texts of other bloggers (which for some reason had long ceased to write, Hey, guys, where are you?) already have such lists. The audience loves caustic copyrighted material, on which already in the mouth sour.

But I decided to go the other way — asked themselves the local, in some cases, the Paris them in the throat becomes. Local in this case I call the French, who were born in Paris or live here for more than ten years. Took part in the poll our friends, friends, friends of friends, colleagues, two of the Baker, one Concierge and one restaurant owner.

METRO

Yes, from a purely practical side, everyone understands that the Paris metro is convenient, very branched, often goes... well, without it absolutely nothing. But his dullness, annoying musicians, beggars, of dubious origin, the aromas, the crush of rush hour and stuffiness, amounting to madness in the hottest days, overshadowed by the life of each local resident, who twice a day to get to work and home. And, by the way, to travel again raised their prices — now single ticket costs 1.9 euros. A kind of smooth liquid eyeliner to round two.

SERVICE

In particular — talking about service in restaurants. Menu waiting, the score or the dish for half an hour without much hope — a common occurrence. French waiters don't work for tips, so not really worried about that, you'll be pleased with their work or not. By and large, the local on this issue has long developed the philosophy of Zen. Don't be nervous — just tsedi your glass of wine a little longer, that was not so excruciatingly painful.

PRICES

Salad for 26 € or espresso 3.5 — no, this is NOT the average price in the city, but it's pretty common, especially if you actively focus on this. Not only tourists are shocked by the pricing policy of some restaurants, but Parisians too.

An ordinary family with average incomes will not be here to supper in the institution every night, because it's expensive, and in addition the waiter can be a terrible boor. And, of course, rent is a separate topic of conversation. Depending on the County and the view from the window, it is possible to splurge. I almost forgot about Parking is a rip off.

TAXI

Only two days ago in my eyes Taxi Parisien screaming "cut" a woman on a pedestrian crossing at metro Charles Michels and when she threw her hands up in indignation, the driver stopped in front of her, leaned out the window and elegantly adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose with his middle finger. Nasty smile, of course. This episode is pretty indicative of a Parisian taxi drivers... as a phenomenon. The drivers are absolutely shameless, arrogant, ham, cunning — none of the interviewed French did not miss the opportunity to walk on this thread)) That's why here are so fond of Uber.

PEOPLE

Rather, their number. Parisians who will go on holiday in August, from the heart buzz that the city is so empty and quiet. Still the people have not returned from their trips — just yesterday I was passing the promenade along Notre-Dame and much gasp — empty! Only beautiful a couple of tourists from Asia was slowly pacing the pavement under the clicks of the camera of a professional photographer. Soon this idyll to an end. And six in the evening, the metro will once again be bursting at the seams.

TOURISTS

In General, the same as in the previous paragraph, only a little on the contrary: except for August, the other months in Paris overshadowed by local crowds of visitors. I fully understand them, especially if you live in the district where tourists as anointed with honey.

I will never forget how he looked in one beautiful patio with a fountain, while the postman was putting letters and press on the boxes: I made a couple of shots on the phone, and then from the front a man came out and politely asked me to exit (the gates into the courtyard with a coded lock, only for residents). It is a normal reaction, if you are from year to year to see how exponentially grow a selfie stick and so on.

STRIKE

Sounds corny, but the truth is: strikes and demonstrations in France as a national sport. On the one hand, you can put yourself in the place of those who fight for their rights. On the other hand... When the strike of the employees of SNCF, for example, and you have to go to work/vacation/home, etc., then why you do not want to put yourself on anyone's place. You just want to sit in that train for which you paid in the way, and without a lot of money and drive wherever you need to.

In addition, demonstrations, protests and rallies happening here with stability November rain, and you have to give the French credit — they do it subtly "in time". The mess at airports, for example, arranged in exactly the Christmas — to nobody could fly, and to put forward demands satisfied quickly, just to relieve the tension. In General, make this subject a conversation with someone from around here, and everything will become clear.

REPAIRS

Annoying local as well as the endless demonstrations. Repair RER line, which will paralyze movement in the most active part of the city, repair the docking station of the metro, from which you have to spend the time to do a huge "hook" walk and be late, — the impression is that it does not stop for one week.

The repair of the road, which, it would seem, and repair is not necessary. Scaffolding, ugly gray-green fences, permanent yellow arrow with the inscription PIETONS (bypass for pedestrians) — all the trappings roams from parish to parish as a seasonal flea market. And, like, have long been accustomed to, but still annoying.

PARIS IS NOT THE SAME

Not that this point "what the Parisians hate the city", but is this some kind of relentless bitterness, a moment of nostalgia mixed with a long existential crisis. "But before... yeah, not that now" — as some do in Soviet times. Twenty-two sausage and so on. Parisians have their own pain — every year, according to them, this disappears real romantic flare, less authentic, more advertising, Commerce, to attract tourists. I can understand that feeling.

In the end, the memories of youth are often much brighter than what was actually past. We just want to remember it in perspective. But the time is coming, and the world is changing.

UNWANTED ATTENTION

Let's just say I have many times seen how Parisians roll their eyes, it should tell you what an amazing city they live in. Don't know what it involves. After three years of living here I have the impression that some downright consider it their duty to defend the point of view that Paris is not so beautiful, not so interesting, and in General... it would be something to admire. Not sure how it is interpreted — as flirtatiousness, skepticism, a kind of protest?

Or is it a natural reaction to a huge number of foreigners who idolize your town, but for you it's just "your city"? With its benches, where they were first kissing, with their dark corners, bad neighborhoods, streets childhood, rave places, jammed route "work-home" and other.

And there's rats and pigeons, and the difficulty to get a normal job, and also complaints that food markets are few French products (avocados from Peru — pfft, what kind of news, and complaints of the Parisians, like himself, are cold, selfish, and arrogant (a vicious circle, really)...

And many other daily details that Parisians are ready to complain with gusto and a twinkle. And to the Eiffel tower, they are also treated with mild disdain, but I for some reason don't fully believe. Don't fully believe in this neglect and grumbling, these sighs and discontent.

Somehow a couple of years ago, at the annual party for the employees of the company I worked for my boyfriend organized a boat tour on the Seine, local photographed the Eiffel tower on the phone with the same enthusiasm as a typical guests from China. And for some reason, not a tourist, and a typical Parisian view of the Pont Mirabeau to the Bastille day shouting in the crowd: "Ici, C'est Paris! Paris est magique!" (motto of the football club Paris Saint-Germain), and the crowd broke and in the end screamed with him.

The most impressive nature monuments from the UNESCO list

A journey to lake Baikal. Part 6

And for some reason it is hard to believe that high prices, demonstrations and crappy weather in the fall is such a heavy cross for the Parisians, when they complain-complain, but in the end I'll say dreamy, with a shrug: "Mais C'est Paris..." Like, I we live here, of course, but this is Paris, after all.

At the end of it all, he's not that bad, sort of.published

Photo: taken from my blog about life in Paris — spirit-of-paris.me and instagram — @okotrus

Author: Olga Citrus

Source: paris.zagranitsa.com/blog/3161/za-chto-parizh-ne-liubiat-sami-parizhane

Tags

See also

New and interesting