California roll sushi Bowl

To spend too much on sushi? Super easy, healthy homemade sushi to help with this California roll sushi Bowl Recipe!

To spend too much on sushi? Super easy, healthy homemade sushi to help with this California roll sushi Bowl Recipe!

A couple of months ago I couldn't get enough of these California roll sushi Bowl! You ever just get obsessed with a recipe and end up eating it daily for several weeks? Yeah, that's what I did. not California roll sushi Bowl from day to day until I couldn't even look at sushi bowl.

But, it was a couple of months, and it looks pretty tasty to me again. I may have to go on my sushi bowl of booze again!

To spend too much on sushi? Super easy homemade sushi to help with this California roll sushi Bowl Recipe!

These sushi bowls are not full, if you have black sesame seeds. They add that a mild, nutty taste. For some strange reason I can't find black sesame seeds anywhere in my area. Fortunately, one of the benefits of being a brand Ambassador for Rodelle gets to try their amazing products. While Rodelle know for their high quality vanilla, they also have spices, baking Essentials, and many other ingredients.

Test your black and toasted sesame and start working on your own California roll sushi Bowl!

I made a super concentrated, sticky soy sauce drizzle. I love how it covers the plates and brings the sweetness.

But, the component that takes this dish from good is surprisingly simple.,, The LEMON!

Last year I went to a sushi restaurant in Sacramento, and many of them sushi rolls had lemon peel in them. I was skeptical, but after the first bite I was convinced. Fresh lemon makes this dish bright and refreshing.

Sauce
1/4 Cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Sushi bowls
2 Cups Cooked white rice * — chilled
1/2 Cup chopped Imitation crab
1/2 cucumber — peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 Small lemon, superfine chopped then finely chopped (peel included)
1 Tablespoon pickled sushi Ginger — chopped
1/2 Avocado — sliced or cut into chunks
1 sheet Dried seaweed — crumbled
Black and tasted sesame Seeds to taste
Sauce
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. While whisking continuously, bring to a boil and reduce to a slightly thick consistency. It will take about 3 minutes. Don't go, as it can easily burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool while assembling sushi bowl.
Sushi bowls
Mix all ingredients and top with a drizzle of soy sauce mixture.
Notes
* I use in a microwave oven steam-cooked packages of rice to make it super convenient.

California Roll Sushi Bowl
Spending way too much on sushi? Super easy, healthy homemade sushi to the rescue with this California Roll Sushi Bowl Recipe!

Spending way too much on sushi? Super easy, healthy homemade sushi to the rescue with this California Roll Sushi Bowl Recipe!

A couple months ago I could not get enough of these California Roll Sushi Bowls! Do you ever just get obsessed with a recipe and end up eating it daily for weeks? Yeah, that is what I did. California Roll Sushi Bowls day in and day out until I couldn't even look at a sushi bowl.

But, it has been a couple months and this is looking pretty tasty to me again. I may have to go on my sushi bowl binge again!

Spending way too much on sushi? Super easy homemade sushi to the rescue with this California Roll Sushi Bowl Recipe!

These sushi bowls are not complete unless you have black sesame seeds. They add that mild, nutty flavor. For some strange reason I cannot find black sesame seeds anywhere in my area. Luckily one of the perks of being a Rodelle brand ambassador is getting to try out their awesome products. While Rodelle is know for their high quality vanilla, they also have spices, baking essentials, and many other ingredients.

Check out their Black and Toasted Sesame Seeds and get started on your own California Roll Sushi Bowls!

I made a super concentrated, sticky soy sauce drizzle. I love how it coats the dish and brings a sweetness.

But, the ingredient that takes this dish from good to amazing is simple... LEMON!

Last year I went to a sushi restaurant in Sacramento and many of their sushi rolls had lemon peels in them. I was skeptical but after that first bite I was convinced. Fresh lemon makes this meal bright and refreshing.

Sauce
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
Sushi Bowls
2 Cups Cooked White Rice* — cooled
1/2 Cup Chopped Imitation Crab
1/2 Cucumber — peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 Small Lemon sliced extra thin then finely chopped (peel included)
1 Tablespoon Pickled Sushi Ginger, chopped
1/2 Avocado — sliced or cut into chunks
1 Sheet Dried Seaweed — crumbled
Black and Tasted Sesame Seeds to taste
Sauce
Combine sauce ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. While continuously whisking, bring to a boil and reduce to a slightly syrupy consistency. This will take approximately 3 minutes. Do not walk away as this can easily burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool while assembling sushi bowls.
Sushi Bowls
Combine all ingredients and top with a drizzle of soy sauce mixture.
Notes
*I use the microwaveable par-cooked rice packets to make this super convenient.

Tags

See also

New and interesting