10 letters from the front of the main

Small triangles yellowed, smelling of gunpowder, crumbling pages and faded ink blots. Letters from war are still many families are carefully stored and transmitted as an heirloom for future generations, so that we never forget. Each letter is impregnated longing and love, hope for the future and stories about life in the rear and at the front.

Each letter has its own history, reflecting like a mirror, the fate of the families touched by the hand of the terrible and inevitable war. Letters from which the creeps, the lump in my throat and tears in his eyes. The letters, which tell the history of an entire people, letters that have become history itself.

< Website has prepared a selection of letters from the front, to preserve the memory of the war. At least in order that it will never happen again.

«Hello, dear son Tolia! June 22 marks a year since I have not seen you. I really missed you, often you remember. You have five years, that's how big you are. Growing up, my son, be clever, love your brother, teach it. I'll be back soon. That run of all fascists, and back. Many kisses for you. Your dad ».

< Out of the Unknown Soldier letters

« My Girl prepare yourself for separation. Ahead of 1942. Live, as I hope to meet. "

"Hello, Verusinka and synulka Edinka! Verushechka, do not be sad. Get ready for winter. Buy son boots and sew him a coat. Love you. Alex. »

< Letters Alexei Rogov, squadron commander regiment.
The title of Hero of the Soviet Union posthumously received

«wounded in the right leg. Underwent surgery, pulled a splinter. Wound easy - already I go to the dressing itself. I hope that soon healed and will again beat the German vermin. For exhausted our Soviet people, for you are my family. "

Guard Sergeant Andrew Gaden. November 10, 1942

Soldier Boris streams

«Not far from where we stand, is the camp. extermination camp. You probably read in the papers about the camp on Maydanskaya. So this camp is several times Maidansky. Six million people were killed there. & Lt; ... & gt; Cameras in which people choked gas; furnaces for burning corpses; ditches into which the corpses were dumped rather fit with German precision - a series of heads in one direction, the other - the other. Ditches, brim full of blood. And in everything and everywhere, this devilish German thoroughness.

Maybe, in the rear, not all believe the descriptions of these countless horrors. And in fact, it is difficult to believe that people, similar in appearance to us, could reach such inhuman cruelty. But when you see all this, you ask yourself a question: who they are, these creatures might want to destroy humanity? People it? Of course, this is not the people! Soon it will be an end to these horrors will pay. »

< Boris streams. March 7, 1945

«... a little free time. Many come to learn on the go. But do not lose heart. We will win. Mom, Dad and Grandma, do not worry about me. Do not Cry. All is well. Your son Kolya. »

< Nikolai Dronov. Killed near Kerch in 1942

Heroes of the Soviet Union Sergeant Zakir Asfandiyarov and Sergeant Benjamin Permyakov reading a letter from home

«In the days when you, dear Alexander K., not sparing his life, defending every inch of Soviet territory, we vow to learn from the "good" and "excellent", to be disciplined, to help the front. Only you, dear defenders of Motherland, smash the entire Soviet people hated
enemy. »
< Letter to school his teacher
Alexander Benevolensky the front

«Hello, my dear, and all the guys loved me! An hour ago, I recalled in the dugout fighting up, their relatives and friends. The door opened - and with cold air clubs in the dugout enters postman. It gives me a letter written by the children's handwriting, with the excitement of being opened. My companions were asked to read aloud to your letter, which I did. All we are satisfied that our little comrades remember us, send us your Pioneer Hi.

Your kind words, your suggestions are very expensive for us. They warm us. For the past four months, as I am with his friends in this sector. We arrived here in the days when the enemy, collecting all his strength, trying to capture the city. Hundreds of planes were flying over us, they dropped hundreds of bombs on a daily basis. The city was covered with smoke of fires, burned houses, factories, piles of wood, gas tanks, burning that was created by many years of labor of the people of our homeland.

The enemy did not regret anything. But we were able to execute the order of Stalin and call of the motherland, "Back single step!" We survived, although at times it was very hard, especially in the days when the Volga was thick ice and people under artillery and mortar fire came from the boats to deliver our products and ammunition .

In that defended Stalingrad, merit is not only soldiers, but also the entire Soviet people, is the merit of the rear, which smoothly hammered us weapons, sending equipment, ammunition. Remember, guys, will be on our day ...

Acquire knowledge, study hard Russian language and literature, geography and history, military affairs, and German. We promise you to carry out our tasks, and you cope with "excellent" with their tasks. If we do this, then we defeat the enemy. With a front-line greetings A. Benevolensky ».

< A. A teacher Benevolensky

Sometimes the letters were delayed for several weeks or even months and came after the funerals. Then the whole family waited and hoped funerals came by mistake, that their son, brother, husband and father is alive and he would return home.
Through letters from the front relatives and friends could not only convey the news to the front, some were resolved on a bold move.

«Often remember your lessons, Mikhail Petrovich. I remember shaking and trembling at every sound of your voice ... »

A letter from 16-year-old Sonia Stepina
a former mathematics teacher Michael Eskin

«I have read your letter with great joy. You can not imagine how happy people are reading letters from friends and relatives. »

< A teacher, a platoon commander Michael Eskin

Correspondence of young people has become a constant. They fell in love with each other. In 1944, the Michael and Sonja were married.

Family Soviet soldier writes a letter to the front in 1942

Website know that the past does not change, but all of us - and grandchildren heroes - honor and respect the history of our people. That is why every year on May 9, we lay flowers to the fallen soldiers at the Eternal Flame, we give carnations to veterans and suddenly hoarse voice say to them: "Thank you!" Just because we appreciate and remember, because we are grateful to them for their heroic deeds <. br>
According to the materials: pomnivoinu , victory.sokolniki
Photos on the preview: victory.sokolniki

via victory.sokolniki.com/rus/history/lettersfromwar.aspx

Tags

See also

New and interesting