First aid: 8 mistakes that almost all

Site publishes a critical article, one of those who sometimes save lives. Described mistakes and errors in the provision of first aid are much more common than we can imagine. Word of the author. Just getting ahead. This post contains information about exactly what should not be done. Why am I writing this post it, and not a post about first aid? Tom two reasons. First - I have not been accredited as an instructor. The second - I think that you need to provide first aid to learn in special courses with practical training, and point

Post aims to "convey to the masses" a cardinal rule of first aid - no harm

. To begin with - why the first pre-medical, and not the first medical? Medical care is a primary diagnosis, treatment assignment and the subsequent management of the patient. First medical - that have taught courses. That is something that helps "doderzhat" another victim before the arrival of doctors, after which it gradually turns into a patient.

So - what errors are most commonly prevalent

1?. "Fallen man must be lifted" Unfortunately, this mistake many make in a bunch of different situations. Wherever man fell - on the stairs or in my hallway, faint or what stumbled, the crowd of people \ family immediately ran to pick it up. < Do not need to. Let us consider why.

Have you ever wondered why the man had fallen the first few seconds are extremely slowed down, even if slowed down? In the first seconds after the fall of the body conducting the most primitive "diagnosis" of their own state, namely it does not hurt if somewhere something is too much? < rose sharply person, you can aggravate a possible injury. It is better to sit down side by side, a quick look around the victim (for, do not flow onto whether where blood pools) and after a few seconds (when the brain is "disconnected from the diagnosis" and " turn into reality ") set the most primitive question: where it hurts? And how much?

< If you fall for the usual sharp rise is fraught with aggravation of the injury, then fainting rapid adoption of the vertical position is fraught with repeated syncope.

Here was the man himself. Something about it-there sboynulo, he fainted and fell, and almost immediately came to his senses. He almost immediately raise the blood ... and bounces sharply from the head due to the sudden change in body position - and our victim loses consciousness again

. If a person has fainted - firstly, let it lie where he fell. And after driving the sense of let it sit - even on the same stairs where he fell. In the case of fainting person to give better assess hold it now legs or not.

2. "In case of an accident victim's need to pull out of the car" indicator to getting the victim out of the car "pryamschas" only one. < If you are sure that the car now turns \ explode, that is - if there is a life threat to the victim In all other cases, the victim in the car do not touch.. You can get up close to him and just talk, this person will help you better.
In general, in all situations, when there is no direct risk for the life of the victim from the place do not touch.

3. "During the convulsive seizure is necessary to poke anything between the victim's teeth" Firstly, seizures are not only due to epilepsy. But it is now immaterial.

Secondly, stuffing something man in the mouth during a seizure, you risk to break a subject that vanity, human teeth and get one or two fingers bitten. There were epic cases where people quietly and unobtrusively turned into a parody of the Joker, shoving a knife in his teeth.

Anything you can do, if you see a man in a fit - it is to sit him around the head, put under her something soft, gently take the victim's head in his hands and temples area and gently turn your head slightly to one side
Why do we do it?

The risk of attack during ingestion language is quite small, and Now awash with saliva or vomit person can relatively easily By the way, after the seizure affected the uptake is usually tight and can fill up almost immediately -. It does not need to be afraid. We call an ambulance and the victim is translated in the so-called "stable lateral position." It looks like this.

Why him? The bent leg and arm does not give a person the full roll over on his stomach, he will be able to breathe freely. Hand planted under his head, ensures a certain distance between the head of the victim and the floor, so if it starts to tear - so, read above, vomit he did not choke. And in this situation everyone can shift any. For fun in the courses carried out the experiment. Instructors with its 110 muscle mass I and my pitiful 60 kg turned his back to a stable side without any problems

More about seizures It sounds like this:.. "Oh, yes I have not for the first time, all right, I'll go. " Fit - unstable thing, the next could happen in a day, and a minute later. This is the only case where you insist on the fact that the victim waited emergency.

4. "If a person has" something with a heart ", then you need to give him nitroglycerin" Too common misconception. First, the spectrum of cardiovascular diseases that fall under the category of "something from the heart" - a cart and a small truck. Second, in all of this not so little list of not so many states in which nitroglycerin help. But the hurt - easily. Plus, even if now particularly need nitroglycerin - still need to understand the dosage

. In principle, have never "cores" are not given lekartsva of your bags under the auspices of the fact that "the grandmother saw and helped herĀ». Anyone with certain problems in this area, usually carry medicines with a. The maximum that can be done - to help a person to get his pill, find something you can drink them, and call an ambulance

5.. "Dislocation can be free to" have the right to - yes. With tears, but it is possible. But determine dislocation or fracture it - it is impossible without X-ray does Therefore, with all that seems suspicious injury, go to the trauma

6... "The wounds should be washed inside and remove any excess garbage" is partly true - but only for a relatively superficial damage \ cut \ abrasions. For deep and extensive as the rules are quite stringent.

First, remember how to pray: from the wound did not take out, the wound did not lay Even if the wound is sticking a huge disgusting piece of glass frame.. Even if a nail out of the eye, knife sharpening from the kidney or liver. Greening, we poblevyvaem aside, matter, but are taking in injured as it is.

Secondly, "washed" large wound notorious peroxide or chlorhexidine only at the edges. < Nothing pour inside. And do what? That's right, see the previous paragraph and are taking stitches as it is, in advance, however, and put it on top of sterile gauze bandage.

7. "Burn you can grease" It seems everyone already knows, but still repeat. Oil forms over the affected surface nonbreathers dense film, creates a "greenhouse effect" and only exacerbates the trauma. A, and also not necessary to write to it. Instead - at the moment of the Sui burned themselves under slightly warm water. It was warm - paradoxically, the situation is also very cold only adds

8.. "If a person is choking, you need to pat him on the backĀ» Slamming on the back gives a very negative effect In general, if a person coughs -. As if he is in a cough does not go - just do not touch it. Coughing indicates that the airway is not completely blocked and it would be best if the cause of the "uncomfortable" person to cough up himself. To experience is necessary, if you do not cough or breathe.

If you still think that the person needs help, think about the force of gravity, as well as the fact that when a person coughs, then why is always bent, and in some severe cases, even kneeling. What for? To that stuck in his throat, dropped out, so to speak, naturally, because the Earth - she is, she draws

. In other words, all you can do - is to help him bend, and on the back is not clap, but rather a stroke - in the direction of the thoracic vertebrae in the neck In any case -. In a bent position worse than he does not will.

(Foresee comments about the reception Geymliha - yes, I know about its existence, but this is from the category of what you need to learn separately
It is the brightest of the mistakes I remembered. I hope someone this knowledge will be useful. Take care of yourself!

via pikabu.ru/story/pervaya_dovrachebnaya_pomoshch_rasprostranennyie_oshibki_4157847

Tags

See also

New and interesting