Superatlet Frank Medrano - VEGA: male power ... comes from the plants!

Superhuman athlete derives from plants. That's right: Frank

Have you heard about Frank Medrano? He - a bodybuilder and he can do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUP8wqLAt5qYMmOwMB7-mvTQ&v=RFPsvF3UOdo video>

Frank Medrano: superhuman

Superhuman athlete derives from plants. That's right: Frank Medrano (Frank Medrano) - vegan

Like most people, Frank was not a vegan since birth. He was eating meat 30 years. And though he is engaged in sport for 7 years, only a little over a year ago, he learned that two of his good friends - Dan Attanasio and Noel Polanco - vegans. And since they were also bodybuilders, Frank became interested. Two of his friend helped him to go to the plant-based diet, picked up the menu and answered all his questions, and after 2-3 months, Frank felt the great advantages of all plant-based diet. The most notable was the increase in energy - "this powerful energy" - and reducing recovery time. He describes the advantages of plant-based diet "super rehabilitation».

"Before, I thought I was healthy and strong, but after switching to a strictly vegetarian - vegan diet, I started to feel more energetic and began to recover faster after workouts" - Frank said.

Help friends eased the transition, but Frank admits that the transition from the vegetative to the omnivorous diet was not entirely smooth. "The main problem was in my head, - he said. - I was a prisoner of delusion that I was something missing, but it was not so. " Through trial and error, Frank discovered a new favorite food, and 2-4 weeks to master and began to feel fine.

After about three months, Frank turned to veganism and Dan Noel relative synergies and dissemination of information about the benefits of veganism. The three of them organized a team Vegan Calisthen-X. On their website, they spread the information, answer questions and remove the video, showing its strength, obtained from plant foods. Videos are popular both in the network and during shooting. Of course, people want to know Frank, "How are you doing this ?!" Frank likes to communicate with people about fitness and nutrition the plant, and people often get a shock when they find out that he does not use any animal products. "In 90% of cases in the first place people ask," What do you eat? "- Said Medrano. Superatlet also notes that many initially distrustful of stories about his diet, but when some time later, after the conversation, he meets a man who switched to veganism and has excellent results, sporting success and excitement of achievements is a priceless reward. Seeing that his example has a positive impact on people, Frank said: "It's nice to know that what you are doing - right."

By using this site Vegan Calisthen-X, pages on Facebook and YouTube, Frank answers many questions and share information, including talking about what inspires him. Among other things, this is a film Forks Over Knives (Forks over Knives), which he refers to the category of "must see". It also recommends that those who are interested in fitness, pay attention to Robert Chica and its website VeganBodyBuilding.com. For those who want to fill their plates tasty and healthy vegetarian diet, he recommends to go to NakedCore.com.

What are the plans of Frank Medrano? He has been the addition of new information and create new video for Vegan Calisthen-X, as well as performances at exhibitions devoted to fitness. He would like to have more opportunities to appeal to people. Recently Frank had two photo shoots for the magazine article Vegan Health and Fitness (video). And, of course, he will continue to inspire all and talk about how to develop properly (and just to live) in the plant-based diet.

Interviews 1

Frank Medrano - expert kalistenike / CutAndJacked

Kalistenika - gymnastics, the art of using your own body weight and inertia for physical development.

How and when did you start training?

I started training about five years ago. I decided to freshen up after year after year, I have seen its terrible condition. I was ashamed even to remove the jersey. I was constantly tired, was slow, weak, and my diet did not improve the situation. And at some point in my head something clicked. I'm tired of being constantly tired, passive and weak, and I wanted to be brave, fast and strong.

What are the advantages over other methods of gymnastics training?

In my opinion, there are a lot of advantages over other types of gymnastics training.

Gymnastics, aimed at increasing the mass is used as the resistance of only the weight of your own body to develop the ability to squat, pull, twist, lunge, jump, fall, push-ups and move up and down, allowing you to easily take calls of sport, work and life. You can also engage in exercises anywhere - both indoors and outdoors. No matter where you are - you can always effectively train!
Exercises you can do at any time - day and night. The bottom line is that you can work effectively at any time, whenever you want it - your body is always ready! For many, exercise gymnastics, aimed at increasing the mass, the resistance of your own body weight is enough for fitness, improve health and physique. In some cases, the exercises need basic exercise equipment, such as a wall, a chair, a box, a horizontal bar, etc. However, in most cases, if you are okay with the body, this is enough! Despite the fact that I usually do mostly gymnastic exercises, I also use free weights.

How do you motivate yourself and maintain consistency?

I set myself the goal of a real milestone. I have trained my mind to what I can achieve anything if you really want it, and each class I throw myself a challenge. Maintain consistency - it is an obligatory element of development; without it would not be motivated. I want to be in the best shape as possible, and my dedication to the development and motivates me.

How much time do you usually spend on training?

Normally, I do six days a week for about two hours a day.

What is the your workout routine?

Here is my training schedule *:

Monday
* 30 power outputs
* 100 normal pushups
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of dumbbell bench press on an incline bench
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions bench dumbbell lying on the bench
* 5 sets of 20 reps Dips
* 200 regular pushups
* 50 push-ups when the hands above their feet
* 50 narrow grip push-ups
* 50 push-ups when the feet above the hands
* 15 minutes - High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
* 15 twists - 15 of side twists
* 15 feet of ups - 3 sets

Tuesday
* 30 power outputs
* 100 grip pull-ups on top
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of thrust dumbbells
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions pullovers
* 50 pull-ups undergrip
* 50 grip pull-ups on top
* 10 power outputs

Wednesday
* 100 pushups
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of dumbbell bench press standing
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions lifting dumbbells in hand standing
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions lifting dumbbells in hand in the slope
* 100 twists
* 50 crossovers
* 50 intense twists
* 2 minutes scissors (3 sets)
* 60 seconds retention twisting
* Train handstands to fall

Thursday
* 30 power outputs
* 50 pull-ups undergrip
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of lifting barbells biceps on the bench
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions lifting dumbbell hammer
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions lifting dumbbell hammer reverse grip
* 100 Dips
* 100 pushups
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of extension of the head
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of triceps extension on the block down reverse grip
* 20 slow pull-ups
20 * Slow Dips

Friday
* 4 sets of squats with dumbbells
* 4 sets of 20 yards attacks
* 100 sit-ups
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions pistol
* 4 sets of 10 reps on the deadlift straight legs
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions on the rise of standing
* 4 sets of 10 repetitions of lifting on socks sitting
* 100 ups on your toes while standing

Saturday
* 100 twists
* 8100-meter sprint
* 100 pull-ups
* 100 pushups
* 100 Dips
* 30 power outputs
* 50 crossovers
* 50 intense twists
* 2 minutes of scissors lying (3 sets)
* 60 seconds hold twisting (3 sets)

Sunday
Rest
What is your diet when you are trying to reach a maximum?

I'm vegan, so I do not use any animal products. My diet is also low in fat and increased consumption of special nutritious food, so the only thing I do when I try to achieve the maximum, this limit sodium intake and a much greater consumption of vegetables.

What is the most difficult exercise for you?

Inclined tiger flexion. - VIDEO

What are your favorite athletes, bodybuilders and fitness models.

Nathan Jackson (fitness athlete and model); He is an example of what can be sverhzdorovym, strong muscles and develop a plant - a vegan diet.

What are your goals for the future?

My fitness goals - to continue their physical growth to extreme levels. My body is capable of much more, and I want to continue to eat from this inner strength. I want to set an example, motivate and inspire everyone who cares about their health, the transition to a vegan diet, so that they could bring her body to the highest levels. I also hope that one day get on the cover of a fitness magazine.

You are listening to music during exercise?

I love listening to music when I train, and I listen to different music. Right now I'm listening to instrumental soundtracks.

What three pieces of advice would you give to anyone who wants to have a perfect form?

1. Persistence is important. What you are more constant, the greater the development you get when you reach your goals.
2. Diet and nutrition. As much as you're not trained, you can not have an ideal form, if you do not follow the right plan and healthy vegan food.
3. Work with the heart (high intensity interval training) to maintain the metabolism constantly burning fat. Without this, you will not succeed!

Interview 2

Frank Medrano - fitness athlete, personal trainer and activist for animal rights

Why did you become vegan?

I spent some time in fitness, but I could not even imagine that, to some incredible levels can lead me vegan vegetable diet on physical capabilities and condition. I was engaged in extreme exercises (training capacity of body weight) of about half a year, when two of my friends who were engaged in the same way as me, told me about the vegan lifestyle. Both of my friends have incredible power and physical condition, so when I found out that they are vegans, that caught my attention and I began to gather information. More veganism just struck me that I felt that I need to transfer your health to a whole new level. I explained the benefits of veganism in the field of health and help with a healthy vegan diet, when I first started. A few weeks later my energy increased significantly, endurance and muscle recovery rate rose to incredible levels. I have become stronger, faster and not feel fatigue and heaviness that were after consuming milk and meat products.

Initially switch to veganism convinced me advantages in the field of health; and the effect that had on veganism look and work my body, only strengthened my beliefs. Then I took the other reasons for the transition to veganism - such as violence against animals, inherent in the agriculture industry. It opened my eyes to the truth about the unjust killing of animals for food. It made me look back and think; All these years I did not understand that animals deserve to live - we do not need to consume them, to be healthy and strong. Then I realized that I wanted to be vegan.

Was it hard for you? If so, what was the most difficult, and there was easier with time?

Overall, it was not difficult, but on my way there were obstacles. I'm not a vegetarian, so it went to veganism once with meat-eating. I tried to eat healthy food long before the transition to veganism, so usually do not consume large amounts of meat-eating. It was easy to give up red meat, fish and dairy products, since I rarely eat them. A bit harder to chicken, turkey and eggs. I first broke on the use of chicken or eggs. But over time, it strengthened my resolve when I noticed that I was less and less like the taste of the food. A wide choice of favorite vegan food is very helpful to me. This assures me that no matter what happens, I will always be next to a healthy and delicious food.

How do you relate to the protection of animal rights?

I love animals and I believe that all should be treated with the same love and compassion. I'm doing everything I can to support organizations for the protection of animal rights, donating funds and participating in fundraising events. I also distribute information online on Facebook and YouTube, share information with friends and family regarding the cruel and unjust treatment of animals around the world.

Your favorite organization for animal rights?

PETA (People - for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is an excellent organization that distributes valuable and important news concerning animals and related activities. "Compassion for animals" (»Mercy for animals & quot;) - a large organization that disseminates information about the cruelty of animal husbandry. They conduct investigations, allowing many to see what is really going on in the agricultural farms. I believe that all the people that show kindness and compassion, should see the results of these investigations and to think about what is right and to do everything possible, to stop cruelty to animals.

What would you say to a person who is thinking about becoming a vegan?

I would suggest that in the first place to make the transition gradually and be aware of what can happen is that you will at some point fail. Study the information and get the food that you eat, think for that you could cook and look vegan recipes to start. But always remember that in front of you will be rewarded in health and a sense of knowing that you are helping the planet and do not cooperate cruelty and killing of animals. There are people, even among friends who will wish you setbacks along the way; they will make fun of you, to make you feel unhealthy or wrong in making the decision to go vegan. But the facts do not lie; useful for people switching to a vegan diet.

Tags

See also

New and interesting