The realization of the unconscious.

One morning, a woman, as usual, got into the car and went to work, is ten kilometers from her home. On the road she had imagination and she presented herself the heroine of a grand adventure. She saw herself as a simple medieval woman living among wars and crusades, and famous for their strength and sacrifice. She saved his people and met the mighty and noble prince who loved her.

Her mind was fully occupied with these thoughts, and yet, she drove through several streets, a couple stopped at traffic lights, turning signals properly and safely reached the parking lot, under the windows of her office. When he came to, she realized that she did not remember how she got to the destination. She could not remember a single intersection or turn. Her stunned mind asked: "How could I pass this distance, it is not aware of? Where was my mind? Who drove the car while I indulged in dreams? ". But this has happened to her, so she threw out everything that happened out of my head and went to his office.

As she sat at her desk and was a plan of the day, her work was interrupted by one of her colleagues, burst into the room, hurled on the table a memorandum shortly before it handed out its employees and the scandal because of some minor points, with which he did not agree. She was shocked. This enraged by such trifling occasion! What had gotten into him?

He himself, listening to his tone increased, realized that making mountains out of molehills, embarrassed, mumbled an apology and backed out of the office. Back in his office, he asked himself: "What came over me? Where did this come from within me? Little things usually do not take me out of myself. I was not similar to itself! ". He guessed that his anger had nothing to do with the memorandum colleagues, and boiling it for a long time, and that only an insignificant occasion was the last straw, because that anger has resurfaced. But where did this anger, he did not know.

If these people had time to think about it, they might guess that this morning they felt a presence in her life unconscious. The endless stream of banal events of everyday life we ​​encounter various forms with the unconscious, which is at work in us and through us.

Sometimes the unconscious operates in parallel with the conscious mind and takes control of the car while the conscious mind is occupied with something else. We all, at least once in life, ever drive a few blocks to the "auto-pilot", as did the woman from our example. Conscious mind is distracted for a short time, and the unconscious takes over the leadership of our actions. It stops the car at a red light starts to move in the green and monitors compliance with the rules of the road as long as the conscious mind does not return to its normal state. This - not the safest way to control the car, but unconscious really provides us with such a great vital built into our system of 'safety net & quot ;, that we take this phenomenon for granted.

Sometimes the unconscious imagination creates, so filled with bright, symbolic images that this fantasy is completely subjugates our conscious mind and holds our attention for a long time. Fantasies of dangerous adventures, heroism, sacrifice and love, fascinated by a woman on the way to work is an excellent example of how the unconscious invades our conscious mind and trying to express themselves through the imagination, using symbolic language charged sense of the images.

Another form of manifestation of the unconscious - a sudden and strong emotion, an inexplicable joy or irrational anger that suddenly invade our conscious mind is completely subordinate it to itself. This tide of feeling totally incomprehensible is aware of the mind because the mind is aware it did not generate. The man in our example could not explain to himself the inadequacy of his response. He asked, "Where did this come from?" He believed that his anger had come from somewhere else, and that within a few minutes, he "was not himself." But, in fact, this surge of uncontrollable emotion born in him, in a place that is so deep within his being that is aware of the mind can not see it. This place is so called "unconscious" that it is not visible.

The idea of ​​the unconscious is generated by simple observation of everyday human life. Our mind contains material, the presence of which we, for the most part, are not aware of. It so happens that all of a sudden, we have to revive some memories, pleasant associations, ideals, beliefs. We feel that these elements have long been somewhere inside us. But where exactly? Yes, to the unexplored part of the soul, which is beyond the reach of conscious mind.

Unconscious - a wonderful universe consists of invisible energy forces that form of reason, even individuals, who all live within us. Most people can not imagine the true dimensions of this great kingdom, which lives its own life completely, which is parallel to our daily existence. Unconscious - is the secret source of most of our thoughts, feelings and actions. And the strength of its impact on us is great also because the impact is - imperceptible.

When people hear the term unconscious, most of them intuitively understands what is at stake. We relate this idea with a lot of big and small events that make up the fabric of our daily lives. Each of us had to do something at a time when his thoughts were "elsewhere," and then was surprised to look at the result of their work. There are other - during any conversation we suddenly start to get excited, and quite unexpectedly sharp express the view that there is at we did not know.

Sometimes we are amazed: "Where did this come from? I never knew I could feel on this occasion such strong feelings? "When we begin to take more seriously these emissions power of the unconscious, we understand that the question should be different:" What part of me believes in it? Why this issue is such a strong reaction in the invisible part of my being? »

We can learn how to treat this issue with great care. The concept of "me something found" implies a sudden invasion of the unconscious energy. If I say that I was not like myself, it's only because I do not understand that the concept of "I" also includes my unconscious. The hidden part of our being has strong feelings and wants to express them. And if we do not learn the inner workings prodelyvat this invisible part will remain hidden from our conscious mind.

This hidden personality can be very harmful or prone to violence, and when it occurs, we find ourselves in a very awkward position. On the other hand, we may wake up strong and beautiful qualities of which we were unaware. We operate a hidden resources and do things that are normally never would not have done such express wise thoughts on what had not been able, to show us unexpected generosity and tolerance. And in each case experiencing shock: "I never thought I could be. I have a quality (both positive and negative) that I have no idea. " These qualities have lived in the unconscious, where they are available "no sight nor mind».

Any of us - it is something more than the "I", which he considers himself. At any time our conscious mind can only focus on a limited sector of our being. Despite all our efforts towards self-knowledge, only a very small part of the enormous power of the unconscious can be connected to the conscious mind, or can be operated at the level of consciousness. Therefore, we must learn how to get to the unconscious and to understand the meaning of his message: it is the only way to understand the unexplored part of our being.

Robert Alex Johnson
Dreams and fantasies. Analysis and use

Tags

See also

New and interesting