Wild people

In the 1970s, the Serbian painter and master performance Marina Abramovic conducted an experiment: she stood motionless in one of the exhibition centers, and next to it lay a variety of subjects - from the hammer with a gun to watercolor paints. At the same time people were allowed to take any of these items and make Marina what they want.

Initially shy spectators, only looked at her, gave roses, kissed. But then stripped, painted and even cut. And his actions are accompanied by laughter. The performance was stopped by guards of the building when one of the visitors took the gun.

At first, the audience really wanted to play with me. Then they became more aggressive, it was six o'clock this horror. They cut my hair, stuck in the body of thorns roses, cut the skin on the neck, and then stuck a plaster on the wound. After six hours of performance, I tearfully walked naked toward the audience why they literally ran out of the room, so they understood that I was "alive" - ​​has ceased to be a toy of their own and began to control his body. I remember that he came to the hotel in the evening and look at yourself in the mirror, I discovered at a strand of gray hair.

blockquote> - recalls Marina Abramovic.

«I wanted to show one thing: it's amazing how quickly a person can return to the wild, cave state if it is to let».

See also:
The great love story of two artists

via www.adme.ru/tvorchestvo-hudozhniki/potryasayuschaya-istoriya-lyubvi-dvuh-hudozhnikov-479105/

Tags

See also

New and interesting