25 rebellious Jerome David Salinger quotes

There are people for whom a protest against the system - it's part of life. One of them - a writer Jerome D. Salinger. The author of the cult novel "The Catcher in the Rye," resigned from the literature at the peak of his career, and settled in a remote province, far from the bustle of the city. It is not surprising that his book has become a reference for generations of young rebels, he showed by example that it is possible to live as he sees fit, despite the fact that society expects from you the other.

< Website I gathered quotes Salinger in which childlike combined with a mature wisdom.

If a girl comes to dating beautiful - who will be upset that it was too late? No! Because that person has died, you can not stop loving the hell - especially if he was better than anyone else alive, you know? Always I say "very nice to meet you" when I did not pleasant. But if you want to live with people who have to speak all. It would be better, some things have not changed. Well, if they can be put in glass cases, and not to touch. A sign of immaturity of man - that he wants to die nobly for a cause, and a sign of maturity - that he wants to live humbly for the good cause. Does not need to be especially nasty to catch up on the human yearning - a good man, too, can completely ruin the mood. The body of a woman - a violin, it is necessary to be a great musician to make it sound. The bad news is that sometimes stupid things fun. Bloody money! Always because of them upset. I do not know what to know everything and hitting all his wit, if it does not bring you joy. And I was carried away by such books, that both their read to the end - so I immediately thought: it would be good if this writer has become your best friend and to him it was possible to talk on the phone, when you want. The day will come, and you have to decide where to go. And just to go wherever you decide. Immediately. You have no right to lose a single minute. You can not be this. When the sun shines, not so bad, but the sun shines something only when he wants. If I were God, for nothing I would not want to be loved sentimental love. Very much it is unreliable. He hated when he called him a nerd. All the nerds hate being called nerds. I'm paranoid vice versa. I suspect that people conspire to make me happy. In my opinion, life - is received as a gift horse. It is a man in love, and he immediately becomes stupid. Boys need to be taught to despise the war, that they were laughing, looking at the pictures in the history books. If the German guys despise violence, Hitler would have to knit himself dushegreyki. Whether a person has a million years at the disposal, it still does not erase all the obscenities from all the walls in the world. The impossible thing. Funny thing: enough naplesti man something strange, and it will do as you wish. There are such illegal strikes, especially in love and boxing - not that cry, then you can not breathe. With people hard without them - is intolerable. When something does too well, if you do not take care of yourself, you begin to flaunt. And then there can not be good. I imagine, like little kids playing in the evening in the big field of rye. Thousands of children and around - not a soul, not a single adult, except for me. And I'm standing on the edge of a cliff above the abyss, you know? And my job - to catch the children, so they will not break into the abyss. You know, they play and do not see where to run, and then I run up and catch them so they will not break. That's my job. Watch the guys on Catcher in the Rye. I know this is nonsense, but it's the only thing I want is for real. I guess I was a fool.

via adme.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting