Childlike and adult wisdom ... 23 sincere Jerome David Salinger quotes.

An ardent fan of Zen Buddhism, and the reclusive rebel - these seemingly conflicting features simply did miraculously combined in one person. When I read these lines, I always think it is about him: «A captivate me those books that, as they read to the end - so I immediately thought: it would be good if this writer became my best friend and it could talk on the phone, when you want ». i> Unfortunately, if earlier it seemed unlikely in 2010, when the writer, expressing the thoughts of many generations, and went away to a better world, it was not impossible. I think you know who I mean ... Of course, Jerome David Salinger on.

Salinger, like his hero Holden, was never afraid to go ahead and confront the false foundations of society. At the same time it was closed in my own little world and Holden inherent stubbornness and immaturity did not dare to go out until the end of his days.

"The Catcher in the Rye", "Nine Stories" and the cycle of stories about the Glass family - priceless heritage, where almost every reader will find something for themselves. Heroes Salinger one thing in common - they are all for this world seem a little bizarre and strange, they are a lot of smoke, which indicates their nervousness, and most importantly - all of these characters and their creator, do not tolerate pathos and hypocrisy.

No, Jerome Salinger was a public activist, but a protest against the system was an integral part of his personality. He protested, but softly protested by the Buddhist. Online magazine has prepared for you 23 citations from the books of Jerome David Salinger, the mouth of his precocious adult characters. Just like reading my thoughts ...

5 interesting facts about the cult novel by John. D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye»

1. Salinger working on a book more than 9 years. From 1961 to 1982, "The Catcher in the Rye" was banned. It is not even included in the school curriculum. Holden Caulfield called "bad example" for the younger generation. But as you know, the forbidden fruit is sweet. Every year, the novel has attracted more and more interest.

2. In many works of the famous English writer John Fowles can find references to the novel "The Catcher in the Rye».

3. In 1980, John Lennon's killer, Mark Chapman, after five shots in the idol sat under a street lamp, and in anticipation of police read this novel.

4. In 2009, the Swedish writer Fredrik Kolting published under the pen name John David California book "Evening in the Rye: 60 Years Later", which tells of 75-year-old Holden Caulfield.

5. Salinger put a ban on the adaptation of the novel "The Catcher in the Rye," as, in fact, all the other works.

Creative soul - wild forest. Salinger remained for many of its readers and friends a very clear, simple, but at the same time incomprehensible to the end a man of mystery. He did not like to go to social events, because I knew - it is best to say about the writer of the book. Read Salinger and solve it as a puzzle. Share these statements with rebellious lovers of good, high-quality literature.

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting