6 principles of education from his mother, a millionaire

Denis Johnson grew up in a poor family in 17 years gave birth to a child, 21 - became homeless, and 23 - made his first million. After some time, a successful businesswoman, a mother of five and grandmother of several grandchildren, has told about the principles of child-rearing.

Website publishing tips, from which you can learn for yourself something useful and take it to your note.

The goal should be to have detstvaBogatye people clearly understand what goals have to stand in front of their children. Yes, they educate future graduates of Harvard, future senior managers, future doctors or presidents. Meanwhile, the average person to bear and raise children with the thought: what if you're lucky?

"The family of my friends who own a publishing house, the son did not want to learn and did not know what to do in life. Then the father took a radical decision and sent it for a week to work in a homeless shelter without any tools. A week later, a teenager came back with a great desire to learn and participate in the family business ", - said Johnson.

Without TV and mobile telefonaKto best friend "normal" child? Most likely, the television, computer and mobile phone. Children of Denis Johnson got their first phones in 16 years, their first computer became the father the old computer and the TV in the home is not at all.

"My kids can not afford a mobile phone, because I did not earn. Cell teaches a person not to organize and manage your time, and the TV shows the wrong model of life. What do you teach cartoon about Sponge Bob? Lazy, dissolute, nihilistic character is glad about how he swept around the fingers of the other. You would want your sons have grown such a peasant? Would such men for their daughters? If you do not watch television 30 days of this dependence can be eliminated, "- says Johnson.

Teach your child to love rabotuPriblizhayutsya weekend, and they hear the children? "Thank God, Friday," "You can take a break from this work", "Head I - pig, do not listen to subordinates, but the work generally furious." This position since childhood teaches people that work - it's bad, it is difficult and unpleasant. Children who are well trained, do not want to work or start their own business, says Denis Johnson.

In her family, children since 2 years doing simple chores, and to 11 years in their contribution already quite significant. "So they pay for accommodation and food in our house. In life, nothing is free, "- says Johnson. She did not use the services of a cook, maid or nanny - with all the housework family cope on their own.

Thus it is necessary that the child was able to do the job that he does not like or causes strain - because it develops the character, strength of will. If you only do what you like - no additional benefit to man it will bring.

You're not an ATM for your child, "I give the child 50 dollars a year on shoes and buy four pairs of jeans. No luxury shoes for such money can not buy, but if you want - or go and make money, or wait for sales! "- Said Johnson, noting that the child should be provided with the most necessary, but the special fantasies and desires, he must realize himself.

"The worst thing that parents can do - to make money, to give children what they themselves did not have a child. When children grow up, they find themselves in a world where no longer can afford to live the way they are used to, "- said the businesswoman.

Spend or save? S waste of money there are only two options: to buy unnecessary things (and to provide a good education for children and those traveling businessmen who sell these things), or teach children that money can save, earn and invest.

"How do you motivate a child is not spending money where it is not necessary? In our house there is a rule: Accumulate $ 10, and I'll give you another 10. When the sum collected, can only buy things that allow you to grow and develop: a bicycle, a musical instrument, the journey "- says Johnson. And do not buy what others buy! Typically, this extra stuff that just take up space.

Teach your child schedrostiBolshaya of the successful people are different emotional and material generosity. They are not jealous and very generous. Teach your child to respect.

Photo: Pinterest

via s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fb/36/7d/fb367d6f9b8a7bead51088be1db47322.jpg

Tags

See also

New and interesting