How to set goals and achieve them without being distracted by secondary

You - this is not your article tseliAvtor - srin Dr. Pillay, founder and CEO NeuroBusiness Group, - a pioneer in the field based on the intellectual capacities of man coaching for managers. The main objective of his method - to help people to reach their potential, using the power of your brain. Pillay has served as assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

people set themselves targets for different reasons. Some just need personal achievements. Others are trying to find out what is the meaning of life, or just want to make the world a better place. Sometimes we pursue any targets in the hope to improve myself (this internal goals) or try to achieve something for the external cause (this external goal).

The statement and the subsequent achievement of the goals of great benefit. In humans, there is a sense of personal growth, and he begins to realize the true value of life. Achievement of the objectives can improve our emotional well-being and gives a sense of independence and competence.

But sometimes the goals that initially appear to be positive, may have negative consequences. While I was in high school and medical school, I worked a lot. I was highly motivated and competitive, and then one of my mentors took me aside and said: "If you continue in the same spirit, you become the head of the National Institute of Mental Health ... and you will hate it all».

He wanted to say that I was so engrossed in anticipation of future success and receiving all kinds of grants that are completely separated from his beloved biology, from psychology, research, clinical work and the world beyond psychiatry.

It took a great introspection, during which I finally realized that I must leave the safety of pseudo-scientific fuss and go into a dangerous world, which is much more than meets my real interests.

When goals become vrednyTseli may be harmful in the event that they are not too divorced from who you really are, or if they are too selfish. Harmful goals can tear you away from the true purpose or from society, which could help you.

And if they lead to perfectionism, not to improve and have a profound effect on your emotional state, you can do more harm than good.

So how does goal setting from something life-affirming suddenly turns into a destructive force? This often occurs when your unconscious intentions determine your behavior more than the conscious goal.

For example, you consciously strive to find a new relationship, but eventually will destroy this initiative because of his unconscious goal - to grieve the relationship, are in the past.

In pursuit of the intended purpose can eventually lose its own "I". For example, a woman wants to meet a decent man who fall in love and have a baby. To do this, she can start to go more often to the society and meet different people. More, it can keep yourself in good physical shape, which makes it healthy, will help to attract a partner and facilitate the coming generations.

But when the goal is completely subordinate her own, she can start to sunbathe or take a permanent kill her pills. That is, at some point cease to be interested in what is actually good for her.

There is one situation where the goal is not harmful in itself, and the motivation behind it. For example, if a person is unable to resist something painful, it can try to ignore it, randomly running from one purpose to another, not realizing that it is time to stop and deal with the problem, and then start working on the original objectives, improving life. < br />

What are your goals causing you pain? There are a number of features to help you determine what your goals become harmful.

Maybe you simply rested against the wall and you feel that you can no longer work to achieve their goals.

And perhaps you feel that you are no longer a person who you really are, or to keep doing the same mistakes over and over again while experiencing anxiety and depression, which may also be a sign that your goal, initially positive became destructive. Discomfort can be part of the changes and achievements, but the stress of any negative feelings - this is a clear signal that something is wrong.

If you believe that your goals have lost their positive effect, it is necessary to make a number of steps to get back on track.

Think about your goals and manage. Do not just set goals and strive for them. We must focus your energy on managing your goals so that the goal is not controlled by you. Ask yourself whether this goal is that who you are? How does it change you over time? Reaching the goal, you will feel a greater or lesser connection with others?

Discuss your goals with those who trust. They often see something you do not see.

Think about those whom you will be disappointed if fail. Try to show compassion and realize that if you disappoint yourself, you will be even worse if you are upset with the other.

Get rid of the plan "B". If you reach the target does not succeed, it could be due to the fact that your backup plan difficult to achieve the main goal. At some point you have to commit yourself to the main goal, and it may mean giving up a plan "B" - to make it easier to implement a plan "A».

Achieving these goals and maintain life satisfaction - are not mutually exclusive things. When you pursue the right goals and do it in the right direction, these things naturally complement each other. One thing to keep in mind you - this is not your goal. Your goals should be, rather, the cement of your internal drive - your passion and hope.

via www.pickthebrain.com/blog/keep-goals-taking-life/

Tags

See also

New and interesting