The girl, who is friends with crows

How to make the best druzeyBolshinstvo little girls exchange gifts with her friends, but the eight-year old girl receives various baubles from unusual friends - birds living in her garden.

Little Gaby Mann Seattle crows feeding peanuts, and they in return bring her a variety of gifts. Collection of girls already has more than 70 shiny beads, buttons, pieces of metal, colored plastic. Perhaps the most touching gift - it is half the pendant on which the visible inscription "best", it is obvious that when combined with the other half get the phrase "best friend." And among the most valuable gifts in her collection - heart pearl color. "These gifts tell me how much they love me" - said Gaby for The BitterSweet Life on the BBC.

Her strange relationship with crows began in 2011. She was four when once she ate in the street and accidentally dropped a few crumbs on the ground. Immediately to the house flew a flock of crows in hopes to grab a slice. After this incident, Gaby start to feed them their lunch. Later birds waited for her at school. And two years later, Gaby and her mom Lisa did in his garden feeders and began to fill with water and peanuts.

Raven ptitsPredstaviteli smarter than others, as you know, smarter other birds, and the researchers found that their intelligence is not inferior to most mammals and even small children.

Experiments conducted at Cambridge University, showed that crows can perform tasks that can not handle even the four-year children.

Scientists say that, having a different structure of the brain, crows and primates to solve the problems by resorting to various mental tool - such as imagination and anticipation of future events. Other experiments have shown that, for example, Caledonian crows can use up to three tools in a certain order to get food. And rooks, for example, to get a worm floating in the vessel, threw back the stones, causing the water to rise, and with it the worm. In another astonishing study by BBC Two, with the nickname Crow 007 decided vosmiurovnevuyu problem for two and a half minutes. And it was one of the toughest tests ever created for the animals.

Indeed, quite the crows are intelligent animals, and experts say that they can form a strong bond with the people, but not always positive.

Perhaps the most striking story about which told Lisa, - this is what the crows watching their family. Once she dropped the lid on the lens and, having gone home, I forgot about it. About an hour later Lisa back in the hope of finding her and saw that the raven back cover, putting on one of the trays from which the birds were drinking the water, "I looked up and saw the video as a crow brought cover the yard and washed it in the bath. It was impressive. I'm sure she did it on purpose ».

Professor John Marzlaff the University of Washington, an expert in the behavior of birds, said the crow offer gifts, wanting to be potential mates. "I have seen many times how the ravens brought people to a variety of gifts. But those who look after them, and brought the good and those who are disliked, could bring the dead chick ».

Here's a tip for those who want to make friends with Voronov:

«The best thing you can do - to treat their skin from peanuts", - said the professor - they love this food, it is satisfying and nutritious, and always hear when you throw the skins on the ground. Ravens quickly get used to it and will follow you ».

blockquote>

via www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2977278/The-girl-gets-gifts-CROWS-Eight-year-old-leaves-food-birds-bring-beads-pendants-return.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tags

See also

New and interesting