Multicolored twins: unique sisters belonging to different races

Colorful twins never putayutZnakomtes Maria and Lucy, the twins belonging to different races, which are often due to the color of the skin is taken as friends, but not for the sisters. These twins from the UK has always attracted attention because one of them is white and the other black.

They were born in 1997, their father was white, and his mother - half of Jamaica. The sisters are accustomed to the fact that they are constantly mistaken for her friends, and they sometimes had to show a birth certificate to prove that they really are family.

"No one will ever believe that we are twins, because I am white, and black Mary. Even when we are dressed the same, you still do not look even ordinary sisters, is not something that the Twins "- explains Lucy.

Donna Douglas, mother of twins, well remembers the first time after the birth of their daughters saw. "For her, it was a shock, because the color of the skin before birth is not determined during scanning. So she had no idea how we are different. And when the midwife handed her both of us, my mother just fell into a stupor, "- said Lucy.

As far as the girls are different from each other in appearance, so they do not look like psychologically.

Lucy, whose red hair and very fair skin, studying art and design college in Gloucester. Maria, who has brown hair, and the skin has a caramel color, studying psychology and law at Cheltenham College. They have brothers and sisters who are also different skin tones.

"All of our older brothers and sisters skin - something in between me and Lucy. That is, we had settled on the edges of the color spectrum, and they are somewhere in between us ", - said Lucy. She was glad that she and her sister are so different: "When you have a twin, it is not like you, people you never confuse with him, and it's wonderful. Most twins alike as two drops of water, but Mary and I could hardly differ more strongly, even if they tried, "- said Lucy.

via nypost.com/2015/03/02/meet-the-bi-racial-twins-no-one-believes-are-sisters/

Tags

See also

New and interesting