This site contains a compilation of facts about Russia from the site Factslides, some of which sound at least strange ... And some simply amazing voobrazhenie.
1. Russian territory larger than the territory of Pluto.
2. 77% of Russia - Siberia.
3. Each Russian consumes 18 liters of alcohol a year, about twice the norm.
4. In Russia, 9 million more women than men.
5. , Russia and America are located less than 4 km from each other (meaning the Bering Strait that separates Alaska from the Russian territory).
6. Every year in Russia happens to more than 500 000 deaths related to alcohol.
7. In Russia illegally to talk to children about what in the world there are gay.
8. One Russian woman in 1700 gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 triplets, and 4 chetvernyashek just 40 years of marriage with one person.
9. In 1908, the Imperial Russian Olympic team arrived in London for 12 days after the beginning of the game, because in Russia at the moment is not used Gregorian calendar.
10. the United States purchased Alaska from Russia for 7.2 million dollars in 1867.
11. The oldest plant has been grown in Russia from the 32,000-year-old seeds.
12. Japan and Russia has not yet signed a peace treaty to end World War II, in a dispute over the territory of the Kuril Islands.
13. Mikhail Gorbachev Russian recorded an album of romantic ballads in 2009.
14. Until 2013 beer is not considered an alcoholic drink in Russia.
15. In 1959, Russian scientists domesticated foxes.
16. During the reign of Peter the Great, everyone who had a beard, to pay a special tax on it.
17. Russian museums contain cats to protect works of art from the rats.
18. The word "vodka" comes from the Russian word for 'water ».
19. Lake Karachay in Russia - the most polluted lake in the world.
20. 25% of Russians die before reaching the age of 55, because of the vodka.
21. Ride unwashed car in Russia is considered a criminal offense.
22. In Russia, there are at least 15 secret cities, the names and locations of which nobody knows.
23. One third of Russians believe that the sun revolves around the Earth.
24. Wealthy Russians go on a fake ambulances to go around traffic jams.
25. In economically unstable times the salary paid to teachers to Russian vodka.
26. The Lake Baikal contains 20% of the total unfrozen freshwater on our planet.
27. Russian maniac Vladimir Nikolayev ate part of the body of his victim, and the rest gave the wife of his friend, who had prepared it, thinking it kenguryatiny.
28. Apple is worth more than the entire Russian stock market.
29. , Russia has more than 8,400 nuclear weapons, which is more than in any other country.
30. The eruption in Peru in 1600 ubilo about 2 million Russians.