The bubbles in beer "Guinness" did not rise to the surface, and sink to the bottom

Pour into a transparent glass any other beer, bubbles, and, obeying the laws of physics, as a body, filled with gas, rise to the surface and form a foamy cap.

But those at the Guinness bubbles "roll" in the beer from the top down toward the bottom.

The scientists used powerful cameras that record the details and enhance the process of "drop" bubbles 10 times. The study showed that Guinness bubbles moving down the turning in a circle. And in the center of the upward flow of bubbles still rising, forcing liquid with bubbles on the surface of the back down along the glass walls of glass. That is, the circulating fluid in the glass and causes the bubbles to move in his direction, snatching them out of the foam in the "cap" of beer.

Dr. Andrew Alexander, senior lecturer in chemical physics at the University of Edinburgh, who oversaw the research, in an interview with The Daily Telegraph said: "'I am very interested in this secret Guinness. I set about trying to find out whether there is a deviation from the rules of physics or it's still an optical illusion. It's amazing to me that no such studies have been conducted.

For images, we used a camera that makes 4,500 frames per second and a 10-fold increase. When we saw that the bubbles did go down, we were very puzzled. The impression that we have turned the picture upside down. The circulation of the bubbles in the glass looked like a powerful tornado in the ocean ».

The scientists explain that it was in the Irish beer Guinness bubbles are so small that "allow" the circulation and the pressure in the glass is controlled. Also important gas composition: is used in the usual beer carbon dioxide, which are easily dissolved in the liquid. Gas bubbles in Guinness another - is nitrogen, it is not easy to dissolve. A contrast of white bubbles of nitrogen with dark beer allows them to enjoy a glass of cycle much easier.

Source: www.muz4in.net

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting