1. NaykiNazvanie brand comes from the name of the goddess of victory Nike and the original sounds "Nike." That is how to pronounce it in the United States. However, ignorance of this fact on the one hand, and rules of reading the English word «nike» on the other hand, led to widespread in Europe in general and Russia in particular wrong transcription "Nike." Incorrect essentially name stuck and not only stuck, but also used in the title of the official representative in Russia.
2. LamborginiItalyansky manufacturer of expensive sports car called the "Lamborghini". According to the rules of reading in Italian, if after «g» is «h», it reads like a "T". But in Russia is so widespread incorrect pronunciation "Lamborghini", that even the auto search system Google delivers his name. But if you say Italian Lamborghini familiar way, you look like an idiot who caused serious offense.
3. GarnerRanshe brand Garnier (part of the L'Oreal) voiced himself in Russian as the Garnier (mark has been registered in Russia since 1991) - in the tradition of transmission of French brands such as Perrier (Perrier) and Courvoisier (Courvoisier). And submarki were in the French spirit, supporting Parisian origin of the product: Moel Garnier invizible De Garnier, Cristal Blonde Garnier.
Later on the results of focus groups he refused to mark the correct pronunciation and transcription transliteration replaced - apparently assuming that buyers so it's easier to read her name. In Russia they know a foreign language five percent of the population. And she became Garnier, despite the parasitic association with garnish: but as I hear, and almost written.
Cosmetic renaming, despite the weight of the media, is not helped: people continue to write the network name and the old style, and even a complete transliteration: Garnier, Garnier, Garnier and even the Guarani.
Tone Throwing sets the brand itself, using the Russian site three options Neumann in one sentence: "The history of the brand Garnier began in 1904, when Alfred Amour Garnier - barber, perfumer and haberdasher Blois - released its first product, hair lotion Garnier».
And in general, without naming subbrendovom Carl and Clara did not understand: Color Nechralz, Dusёr Blonde Garnier Garnier Belle Color ...
4. HёndeV translated from Korean «Hyundai» means "modernity". Correct Russian transliteration of the word - "Hyundai" with the accent on the last syllable. In the name of the Russian advertising delicately try not to say, limited only English-language writing, although the official website of the company used the spelling "Hyundai". In people, the Korean automaker's name and "Hyundai" and "Hyundai" and "Hyundai».
Similar difficulties with reading Hyundai found in other countries. Therefore, advertising vehicles in the US agency Goodby, Silverstein & Partners was coined a slogan, designed to help Americans remember the correct pronunciation of the English brand: «Hyundai. As Sunday ».
Similar confusion arises when pronouncing the names of some car models Hyundai. For Hyundai Tucson SUV is often called Tusan, Tuksan, Tucson, Tucson. And in fact, Hyundai Tucson is named after the North American city in Arizona and correctly pronounced Tussan.
5. PorsheProiznositsya "Porsche" with the accent on the first syllable of the name of company founder Ferdinand Porsche. Russians are confused or stressed syllable or losing end, wondering why did not read the final «e» in the name of a luxury SUV Cayenne (Porsche Cayenne).
6. AsusInteresnaya situation with the pronunciation of the name brand ASUS (Asus) in the United States. Out of the mouths of Americans ASUS becomes like a not quite decent «asses». The company even had to carry out promotional and educational work about the correct pronunciation of brand names, which took place from the word Pegasus (Pegasus).
7. Be-Em-VeNekotorye fighters for proper naming of everything assure that it is necessary to say "Bee-Em-Double-U." No need to - because "Baie-Em-Ve" - it is absolutely adequate pronunciation for BMW, the German automaker, whose name is known to have occurred, down from Bayerische Motoren Werke. In German, the letters included in brendneym called so, and W - is "CEs».
8. HennessiEsche a story about lovers "authenticity": Hennessy cognac in France called "Ensi" and therefore an opinion on the topic "We also need to call this Cognac right" becomes increasingly audible. But in fact, properly so, as we used to - "Hennessy". And this is connected not with the rules of French pronunciation, and with the name of the founder of the cognac house. Richard Hennessy was Irish.
9. Moet e ShandoVopreki popular opinion in Russia, in the name of world-famous brand of sparkling wines are not removed when pronouncing "r" in the word Moёt, and "n" in the word Chandon. Union "and", presented in the name of the ampersand is read, as it should be in French - "e».
10. Lewis or LivayzTschatelnye studies have revealed that both options have long and firmly established in the general use and even in the United States portrayed in both. People continue to be interested, argue, argue, but all the evidence is in this case boils down to two points: English speakers often say Livayz because according to the rules of the English name of Levi read as "Lebanon"; but the creator of the first jeans called Levi. Levi Strauss was a German at birth received the name of Loeb. At age 18, he moved from his native Bavaria in San Francisco, and his name is for the convenience of casting in the United States turned to Levy. And if you follow the grammar of the English language, that is correct, "Lewis».
11. ErmesNazvanie luxury French brand was not so much the name of the Greek god Hermes, as the founder of the family name. The fashion house was created by Thierry Ermesom in 1837. And so to speak not "Hermes" and "erme" and "ermes" with the accent on the last syllable. Or "ermez" if closer to the English pronunciation.
12. MitsubisiRossiyskoe representative Japanese automaker Mitsubishi's his last campaign to focus on the version of "Mitsubishi". The penultimate sound in the Japanese language actually reads like a cross between "a" and "w", but closer to the "C" than a "w", so the vast majority yaponista and translators from Japanese continue to insist on "Mitsubishi". And they toss the word "land" - there is exactly the same sound, and therefore "sushi." At this point, it is already beginning to throw neyaponistov and simple lovers of rice and fish. The same was adopted in 1930 and has not yet been rejected by the system Polivanova quite clearly speaks about the "y" and "ts". "T" - is an easy tracing from the English alphabet in which there is simply no sign to indicate sound "ts". And we have, and therefore the right "Mitsubishi". Hence the Russian version of Office twice puzzling.
Surprisingly, but in fact "ziroks" rather than "Hi." In the US, the initial letter «X» is always read as "Z". "Xena - Warrior Princess" is also, incidentally, is written «Xena». But in Russia, from the very first Xerox copier was named Xerox, and now no one will understand what is at stake if he hears "ziroks».
14. ZhardenRossiysky coffee brand was misleading his audience, calling himself in commercials "Jardin". It is a French word translated as "garden", read in option between "Zharden" and "Jardin».
15. DiskuaedDsquared - the name of which is not so easy to read, if you see it for the first time. And Russian letters reproduce its correct pronunciation, and even impossible. Nevertheless, the Russian youth knows that Dsquared pronounced in Russian as "Diskvaer", "Diskverd." Maybe not quite right, but it so happened. Kikko
16. LёvenbroyLöwenbräu (it. Lion Brewery, Lowenbrau pronounced in Russia often incorrectly pronounced as Lowenbrau) - German brewing company based in Munich.
17. KlaransSamaya common version is - "Clarins" and "Clarín". But neither the one nor the other option is not valid. "Clara (H)" - the most loyal of all possible options. The truth is the second "a" bow it is not Russian. Mark French, according to the rules of reading French -rins read as -r / \ ns.
18. ZaykselOfitsialnoe pronunciation and spelling of the Taiwanese company in Russian - "Zayksel" with the accent on the first syllable. The Russian company for 8 years, but the people and continues to refer to the manufacturer 'ziksel "," ziksel "," zyuksel "," zuksel "," zyuhel "," zuhel "and so on.
19. SamsonSamsung pronounced in Russian as "Samsung", but more correctly: "Samson", with the accent on the first syllable, which means "three stars».