10 things that people for some reason, were sent into the stratosphere

Tied to balloons Lego figurines and bacon reached a height of 30,000 metrov

From the beginning of space exploration people send him different things. First there were the magazines and talismans stuck first astronaut, but now the stars have taken up a great number of the most unexpected things.

1. Hamburger

In 2012, five Harvard students launched a stale hamburger to a height of 30,000 meters. He returned to Earth and landed on a tall tree in the 210 km from the launch site. Students tried to bring down a hamburger down with a shot from a bow, but could not, so they had to wait for the storm to release it a few days later.

2. radio-controlled planes

David Vindestol a fan of radio-controlled models of Sweden, sent into the stratosphere of radio-controlled planes. The aircraft reached an altitude of 30 500 meters, before the helium-filled balloon burst. After four minutes of free fall Vindestol released from the plane of the ball, but he lost one of the antennas. After 20 minutes, Vindestol regained control and used a video camera on board to land the plane. He landed not at his feet, but close enough.

3. Toy robot

If you are looking for a way to improve their music video, why not add a footage of near-Earth space? That's what I thought UK resident James Trochu, when running a toy robot to a height of 29,000 meters in 2010, the year. Shots appeared in the video «Edgar» group «Lucky Elephant». The robot has landed 17 km from the launch site.

4. Hello Kitty

When seventh-grader Lauren Rojas had to come up with the idea for her science fair project, sending eraser «Hello Kitty» in flight was not in the original plan. "At first I just wanted to send a silver rocket, but I needed a mascot for the project. My father had just returned home from a business trip and brought me a small eraser "Hello Kitty", which perfectly fit in the rocket "- said Rojas.

Rocket and mascot «Hello Kitty» rose to an altitude of 28,500 meters before began to decline, and landed in a tree. Rojas said, "It took us almost three hours to find a project. We launched it in Livermore, and he landed in San Jose, nearly 80 km from here ».

5. The chair

In an effort to make a good advertisement to the new flat-screen TV Company «Toshiba» hired «JP Aerospace», to start up and capture on video the chair. When the unit has reached 30,000 meters, the chair fell apart during descent. Fortunately, the camera survived and parachuted down to Earth, landing at 20 km from the launch site.

6. Balls for peyntbola

In 2013, the year Bemidji State University in Minnesota has prepared the launch of a weather balloon and invited high school students to post anything else. While college students sent a box with equipment for measuring radiation and acceleration, students sent a container with paintball (and some junk food). The ball went up to 30,000 meters, but with paint balls and do not burst, so no one saw, it looks like a splash of art in near-Earth space.

7. Figures Lego

Two best friends, John and Ian Cunningham Chippindall launched a homemade probe with two astronauts figurines Lego, attached to it. Probe climbed to 27 500 meters and headed back to Earth.

And in 2012, the year two Canadian teenagers sent patriotic figure of 24, 000 meters.

In addition, the figures flew on the space shuttle and visited the International Space Station as part of an official mission. And right now, bespoke aluminum figures are sent to Jupiter on board the "Juno" spacecraft NASA.

8. Sverchki

In 2012, the eighth grade the scientific profile of the School of Indian Valley High divided into teams to send into the stratosphere crickets, grapes and water balloons. Unlike other cases, there is decided to use six balls instead of one giant helium balloon, and the height was only 19 000 meters. The grapes are not turned into raisins, and water balloons are not burst. But for some mysterious reason all the crickets were killed, as well as all the crickets in the control group in the world.

9. Beer

Even before departure of all that no hitting in the near-Earth space has become fashionable, someone used a helium balloon to send to iPhone. He survived, and the resulting video inspired Rica friends Tom and Danny Burns. "We thought it was a strange thing to be sent into space. We drank "Natty Light", when I watched the video, "- says Burns. They looked at the beer in their hands, and thought, "It is small, portable, easy ... Perfect space object!»

In 2011, the two men got into the Internet and learned all that was necessary to send the beer into the stratosphere, including a hint that you need to pack everything into a small portable fridge. They bought a portable refrigerator, packed to the web module GPS, handheld camera, the encapsulated foam and closed cans of beer «Natural Light». Burns and Tom attached an empty jar to the refrigerator, to film the journey of beer. It rose to a height of 27 500 meters.

10. Bacon

Why not dine bacon from heaven? In early 2013, the year a few gentlemen from the United Kingdom have decided to make a barbecue on the popular recipe known as "bacon explosion," sending him to the skies aboard their ship homemade "Pigasus I». After climbing to a height of almost 30 000 meters of the precious cargo back to Earth via parachute, where he was ejected, cooked and eaten.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting