10 reasons to start learning English now!

The proud bearer of the title of "bilingual" Sophia Kachin, shares reasons to enroll in English classes before the end of dnya

The Russian people are pretty bad speak in English, it does not even seem somehow necessary skill, and yet able to speak on this lightweight foreign (with all possible, English - one of the the most basic language) gives a chance for a full and productive life.

I learned English are already in the US, as previously said inferior, confused grammar and could not humanly say at least one sentence. Today I am eternally collect bonuses from his proud title of "bilingual" teaching a third language, and do not worry when dealing with foreign friends. Unfortunately, how convenient it turned out the second language, I learned, only to learn it. In fact, the training would go a lot faster if I seriously thought about these ten arguments even before it got on the plane Moscow - New York.

1. Beautiful rezyumeSvobodny English in employment not only adds you as a job seeker, bonus points in the eyes of a potential employer, but also demonstrates your ability to work long and hard: I do not want to scare anyone, but the language is not learning two months as argue flyers at the entrance to the subway. Once you do that - then you are capable of such achievements. Bet you did not look at learning languages ​​with such party.

Needless to say that the resume, without magic "fluent English" will not be considered large international companies, unless of course you are applying for the position is not the driver. However, even the driver is able to meet at the airport American partners and stun their complete lack of understanding of elementary phrases, becomes much more valuable employee.

2. Luxury pamyatDa, I do not forget to get jeans from the washing machine and pay fines. 10 new words a day to help train your memory better than any application with intelligent toys in your smartphone. Start the day by writing down new words and 10 eye on them in the subway and in line at the supermarket. If they do not go into your active vocabulary, you forget them, but remember still be easier than the first time since all of them face. Associative memory works better than any other, and its development have a positive impact in other areas of knowledge.

People who speak more than one language, less likely to suffer Alzheimer's in old age, and in general, increases the ability to quickly and easily assimilate information and take it from the bottom of the first memory when needed. As a person with philological education, worked with the Russian language on a daily basis, I can not fail to note that the English language helps better understand the home to see the nuances and stylistic inaccuracies, as well as to learn a third language (if it is not Chinese, belonging to different language branch, so that you can use any Roman or German) with much smaller losses.

3. Difficulties perevodaU fluent English has a significant drawback: watching movies and soap operas in translation becomes flour century. No, It is Immpossible. Ross and Chandler stupid Russian voices do not seem funny, better understand why Leo DiCaprio is really high time to give the "Oscar" (speech - one of the main tools of the actors), and Bernard Black with his adorable Irish accent at all loses all meaning. You understand that knowledge of the language allowing you to watch movies in a completely new, and it is much better than all the roughness of the transfer, which can not be avoided, if in English speaking and listening is impossible. About cinema, after all, have to forget ... or tolerate.

4. Songs and nadpisiBolshe not have to invent a new language, singing favorite band from abroad. Moreover, the better you know the language, the more colors you can see in the lyrics. And indeed, there is no question arises why "No woman - no tears" (because it is really Bob Marley convinces a woman not to cry) and the name Bad Boys Blue is translated as "Bad boys sad" and not "blue bad boys." Or consider the fact that you will not be funny to make mistakes when buying for Dad T-shirt with the words «Only naughty get lucky», knowing that it is not "only sly successful».

5. Rousseau turistoPoezdki in Europe and Asia, cease to be a test of nerves. You can easily pass the border control can call a taxi, to clarify the market price of copper but for the elephant, normally explain at the reception, that your child is allergic to orange juice, so the room is better to bring the apple, and so on. Any unforeseen situation ceases to be too stressful, because the ability to explain what you have stolen passport, and in the room hiding a huge beetle scary - almost is solution to the problem.

In addition, with the help of English can get out of the shameful category "Rousseau tourists" who have to go only to Turkey, because there the staff has learned elementary remarks on the great and mighty.

6. Reading in originaleTut the same thing with the movies. Imagine that "Eugene Onegin" translated from another language you are several people who have no clue about the culture in which the book was born, grinding out a rhyme, appropriate to the size of the Onegin stanza, and choosing synonyms, somehow conveying the original expression. And then you read this. Just do not "Eugene Onegin", a pathetic copy of "Eugene Onegin».

Translated literature - is an art, subservient gods, so it is easier to learn a foreign and read books on the language in which the thought of their authors. No, there are things that the Russian translation read not worse because we were Rita Wright-Kovaleva (translator Salinger, Faulkner and Allan), Boris Zakhoder (beautiful "Winnie the Pooh" - his work) and Lilianna Lungin (which gave us Swedish fixers Carlson), but is usually translated literature in vain strive to become a masterpiece. It applies not only to the English.

7. Special literature and technical chtenieOdno matter - artistic and even non-fiction books, they are easier to book www.amazon.com, than wait Russian translation, which will be released when the data in the texts have become obsolete. Another thing - special texts on various subjects. Any hobby becomes a lot more charm when you can discuss the intricacies of macrame in the forum with foreign grandmothers who hold alternative techniques of weaving, faster counterparts to understand the new six-piston calipers from American producers (because the US articles on this topic are already out, and Russia yet), to find out what research is being conducted at the University of California, Berkeley, and sign up for online courses at Oxford College.

The Internet is full of treasures untranslated and knowledge to increase your competitiveness and qualifications in any hobbies or work. And that I have not yet told me how interesting the English "Wikipedia" and how many interesting and cheap sold in foreign online stores!

8. Earnings you will always have the alternative possibility of earnings. Even never passing rate of qualified teachers, you can help with homework in English mladsheklassnikov to translate short texts (but probably only from English into Russian, and not vice versa), to be a guide, and even start a teaching career at a language school. Subtitles also themselves did not write. In other words, translators are always needed. Without a diploma inyaza and particularly outstanding talent for languages ​​a lot of money you can hardly, but easy qualification excess does not happen, especially now.

9. Borders obucheniyaIz people who have asked me what to do in a foreign university, you can create a small town. Of these, a good part had no reason to continue to me about something to ask when it became clear that the English have at 'London Capital IC se s Great Britan ».

Architects, doctors and sociologists dream of "pump" of knowledge abroad. English - is the key to obtaining a grant for an internship or study in graduate school. Be you at least three times the genius of scientific thought, no foreign university will not take you without a decent result TOEFL or similar test. Even if now you do not think about such a possibility as entering an educational institution in Europe or North America, imagine that in two years you will stumble on a wonderful offer of graduate studies at Michigan State University, is written for you, but alas, without a language of it can not be dream. It's a shame.

10. Now is the vremyaMnogim people think that it is too late to learn English, that it was necessary to do it at school, university, and now the brain is not as agile, and not come out of this nothing. "Better yet, start with three years" - say the teachers. So, sit in front of video tutorials on the Present Continuous with a person under the age of three years and see who understand the subject more quickly. I put everything on your candidacy.

The benefits of early education, or rather its superiority late - a myth, if the case does not concern a bilingual family, where the child from the time of arrival from the hospital listening to it in two languages. The maximum that can be in the field of foreign children - elementary simple sentences and vocabulary (dog, bird, yellow, walk). Now you're an adult, independent person, capable of long focus on grammatical nuances and repeat words without her mother's prescription kick. Stop making excuses, it was too late. Your vocabulary in all languages ​​of the world there is no word "late»!

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting