Down syndrome - not a sentence! 10 sincerity solar images of people from 9 months to 60 years.

In our society we decided to take people with Down syndrome as inferior and almost suffering from dementia personalities. But few people think that these, as they are called, solar people are able to experience the world more subtly than all of us put together.

Icelandic photographer Sigg Ella decided to show that the disease - it is not a sentence, in an incredibly warm and genuine series of images of people from 9 months to 60 years old with Down's syndrome.

«Once I had heard on the radio outrageous conversation with one clever about prenatal diagnosis and that the strongest must survive. It was about those who have and who do not have the right to life. So, a lot was said on the radio about children with Down syndrome, who says of pseudo relate to those who do not have the right to life. I wondered: "Where is rolling this world?" This was the beginning for my photo project ... I myself aunt suffers from Down's syndrome, and just in my head did not fit that someone wants to erase these people off the face of the earth », i > - says Sigg.

This touching photo project received a wonderful title "First of all I am." The idea for the name came about Sigg Ella did not occur by chance. The photographer came across an article written by 24-year-old Halldor Jónsdóttir with Down syndrome. Ella offered Jónsdóttir part in a new photo project. She agreed and said a few sentimental words about this: «Yes, I suffer from Down's syndrome, but first of all I - Halldor. I live a full life and do the things that ordinary people. My life is beautiful and full of meaning, because I decided to think positively and see in life only the good ». I> The main aim of sincerity pictures - help people with Down syndrome are not ashamed of themselves, and the rest - in a different way to look at this disease.

Bёrt

Bjork

Yonsvanur

Halldor

Molly

Academy

Christopher

Finnbodzhi

Sigrun

Oscar Eldri

As you can see, these wonderful people can cause not only a shame, but incorruptible interest and respect. Down's syndrome - this is not a sentence. These people are just like each of us, deserve human happiness. Share these incredibly deep photowork with your friends.

siggaella.com/projects/first-and-foremost-i-am/

Tags

See also

New and interesting