Kick in the future - bipedal robot walks and falls

kicks and punches the ball. Somehow remembered physical education classes. I>

At Oregon State University scientists working on the project biped robots called ATRIAS . The ultimate goal of research - to create a robot that can move better than a man over rough terrain on two legs.

We already know about the project quadruped robot from Boston Dynamics, which has been several years developing a commissioned military. On four legs robot moves already very confident. But imitation of bipedal locomotion on two legs - a difficult task, one of the most difficult problems of robotics.

Difficulties with bipedal robots, or simulator of the Russian football team i>

Double springy legs of the robot act as shock absorbers and battery power, adding he agility and efficiency. The video shows how engineers conduct various tests with the robot. Getting heavy basketballs robot moves successfully - except when the ball fell right off the button. Also, the robot is able to maintain balance, even after a hefty kick. Hopefully, future home robots will be a function.

The prototype leg legs were birds i>

In the meantime, development is still far from complete. Its prototype team is going to present in June at the annual competition DARPA Robotics Challenge.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/247720/

Tags

See also

New and interesting