Good day. Today I want to address a very delicate subject that printer manufacturers (even I), and consumables prefer not to raise.
All users of desktop 3D printers are aware of basic safety precautions (at least I hope so) but just in case:
1) Before you leave work one printer, make sure that the first layer went well and nothing comes unstuck. It is no secret that the success of printing more than half, depends on the first layer.
2) Make sure that the coil with plastic does not roll up and be quiet to unwind from the spool. (I was one time when I could not get a smooth flow of plastic for the eternal distortions coil, I threw the thread through the cornice for curtains and reel left on the floor. So roll on the table shook successfully, and the printer has successfully raised himself and hung in the air, when I came into the room. (sounds like I'm lucky because I was at home)
3) You do not need to check the hands (any part of your body) if heated surface. Generally I do not advise that either touch hands. because even the carriage can squeeze very cool finger. (And if it is also a central carriage with a heating surface that will not find it when she will squeeze his hand to one side of the printer and prizhget heated hotendom). KSAT, gloves, too, is not a panacea, they wind the only way to go. Check all through the testimony of the printer.
4) I hope about age do not need to write, and vsezabotlivye parents understand that this toy for a child who is already in a conscious age.
5) Use only in well-ventilated area. In particular ABS plastic.
Today I want to talk about the last point. Tolley I missed something, or I'm not really seen a big spread of producers of this information. Of course, there are closed printers, which have a special filtration system (I've only seen one such, and its price tag was 400 rubles a) Just a closed chamber, nothing will help, if only there is no drawing that will display all the air out of the chamber on the street.
And after today, I accidentally came across an article on the wiki about ABS plastic, where black and white do not recommend the use of ABS plastic in 3D printers. Here is an excerpt from the article.
"The real danger, which may be ABS plastic for a person, it may be a few cases:
Heating (Paired acrylonitrile) material during production (casting, extrusion). Needed special closed boxes with powerful drawing and remote control of the process. Therefore much safer to refrain from the use of ABS plastic in the manufacture of prototypes for 3D-printing technology. Best for this purpose, use safer plastic PLA (polylactide). "
I have a question. How dangerous at home using ABS plastic in 3D printers. Please answer me this question, I think many will be interested to read about it. I beg to argue your answers in the comments.