By sleight of hand

A little background h4> One sunny Friday morning in June, ending all current affairs, I sat back and plunged into the wilds of the Internet. At some point I came across an article FilegiverCom about Myo . Before that I had heard about this thing, but at the moment is somehow not betray this value, and then it interested me. And not just me! After reading this article and my colleagues too, we turned stormy debate, as this device can be used in everyday life. Do not come to some agreement, we decided that we ought to feel it firsthand, and I made my order.
Until October no change, except as getting to the post office mailing the latest news of the company, was not. And 24 of October (almost exactly four months later) I received an SMS from the bank to write off the assets, then my expectation delayed.
I checked the mailbox every day, but treasured slip paper in it and was not. In early December, writing in support with the question: « And where actually? I>» - was told that the device is sent, the tracker, we can not give you, but usually comes six weeks. And I waited on.
And now, back home 18 numbers, I even almost nothing on hoping looked in the box and found a notice. My joy knew no bounds, but before I could get mail only on Saturday. On Friday I announced the news to colleagues and what was my surprise when one of them showed me this article.
In any event, on Saturday I got to the mail, took the device and tinker with it for a while, I decided to tell you about my impressions.

Unpacking h4> The record box with the device sufficiently compact and looks like this:

Inside is:

The device Bluetooth Adapter ( the Embedded in the laptop is not connected 4.0 ) Cable USB-micro - USB , for charging and primary connections Clips for resizing Card gratefully First putting into the hands caused some difficulties, because even at my hand slightly inflated device came with a good tightness, and its elastic properties are known to me yet were:

By the way, after half an hour of use on the hand are decent tracks, which suggests that the Myo can be used only for some specific tasks, but not to wear, as a fitness tracker, removing only to recharge.

Connection h4> Go to website http://myo.com/start and download applications for your platform.
I decided to connect the Myo to install it because it was interesting, as it recognizes the Windows

After starting the application and connect to another USB IR port adapter, the device is not hard to recognize until I changed the adapter and its place (that is, just had to plug the device into a different port, but on my laptop only two of them).
Further adjustment occurs through the wizard.
Connecting to Android -smartfonu no problem was, the only - first device must disconnect from the previous device (not untie!).

Usage h4> At first I tried to use Myo management VLC player. In principle, all was well, but switching songs for some reason that did not work. Empirically achieved that could shift the position of the current song backward or forward (command should be fast, but not long), suggesting that perhaps the new version of the player changed teams.
Smartphone found данное application. With control Google Music is not able to cope poorly, but the sensitivity to the teams he has too high.
Speaking of teams. In standby mode, Myo listen to just one: double hit on the big middle finger - after which it enters the control. In fact, only four teams themselves:

fingers spread To take away the palm from yourself Pull a hand to her clenched fist As < Myo bad oriented in space. It is used, for example, in the team « Cam i>»: when you turn the hands clockwise / counter-clockwise, you can increase / decrease the volume in the same VLC

Development h4> As a developer, of course could not pass in order not to make any software itself. Digging at https://developer.thalmic.com , found that not only can develop your own applications using SDK but also to implement existing management by means of Myo Script SDK is only available for C ++ , and I, as an avid .Net -developers, was about to write a wrapper, but searching, found the two already existing . One I would not start, c this it all flew normally, which is not surprising.
There are SDK and a Android , but did not feel it yet.
But! Once again I want to pay attention to what to wear Myo around the clock - will be very problematic. And therefore, the development of computer control program, similar to the programs that control it with the remote - it makes no sense. Software must be either very specific or highly desired that the user is not lazy to put on and take off the device every time. I have a few pans under the Android , and a little less under the Windows , but that's another story ...

Conclusions h4> As expected - very interesting gadget. Gesture recognition to 95% cases occur true. Great prospects have ligament Myo - the smartphone. This fitness and serious sport. The device may also be extremely useful to drivers, especially two-wheeled vehicles. In any case, it is the future that a few years ago we drew only a science fiction movie directors and seems it has come ...

Source: geektimes.ru/post/243479/

Tags

See also

New and interesting