The strength of the drum

On the way to the plague of the shaman has a beautiful snowy place. Plague are five kilometers from Naryan-Mar on the shores of Lake Youth

Shaman busy. At the entrance to the tent faithfully waits for his master's husky.

Ten minutes later, we entered the tent, and greeted us with a shaman. On the stove to boil already shourpa and shaman put us at the table. The first thing he started it with a familiarity with chum. A little bit about the plague: the tent is a universal housing northern peoples. This portable conical tent, the shape of which is adapted, suitable for tundra. The conical shape is the most convenient, since the surface of the plague steep snow slides down without stopping, so if you move to another location without raking and cleaning the tent can be disassembled. The shape of the cone makes sustainable housing at blizzards and strong winds. Usually tent herders - Khanty, Nenets, Komi, Enets consists of 25-40 bars and a few covers that fit when moving on special sledges. The number of poles (and their length) depend dwelling size: the more bars, the roomy tent. The dimensions of the plague are also dependent on the financial possibilities of the economy and the number of family members.
Shaman warned us that the plague of the six powers can not be a bad omen.

In the center is a plague furnace which serves as the source of heat and adapted for cooking. The heat from the furnace goes up and does not penetrate into the sediments tent: they evaporate from a large temperature. Near the chimney reindeer skins hung for drying and subsequent manufacture of the skin to the tambourine.

Frameworks for resonators with tambourines. Production of diamonds - a complex multi-step process of manual production.

On the frame drum pull tanned deerskin (wet), dried, coated figures and that's what happens.

Brought with vegetables, fruits, venison was the home of the plague. Shurpa drank from the cup, meat necessarily eat with your hands, if you entered the tent then follow the tradition, says Shaman.

Modestly but with taste

Oven-the main source of heat. Behind the stove watching ChUMrabotniki if the furnace is not to trace after 15-20 minutes in the tent will be the temperature in the street.

Balagan-defined place to sleep laid by reindeer skins and with lockable top. Balagan in the tent for each set in a particular place. Parents sleep separately, chum-workers separately, children separately. In the tent there is a definite place to go or step on which is strictly forbidden to all residents of the plague. Chum workers mostly women.

Wash your hands in the tent it with no problems, everything is fit.

On the street there is a special place to keep reindeer skins. By necessity they are sent to the tent to dry.

A shaman has two huskies Smoke and Raven. The smartest dogs and good. Actually in the photo I Smoke and Raven.

Shaman talks about the power of the tambourine.

Shamans often refer plague workers when they can not understand a particular issue, the shaman will not give up and tell.

Modern tundra

Grateful visitors say no "thank you" and "thank you", so says the shaman Nikolay, and need to say thank you to those women who gave birth to us and gave us life. Shaman no tariffs or taxes not, you can thank the products, you can give yourself at least a penny, but the price he will not call.

After we got acquainted with chum, the shaman offered a little bit about us and what the future holds. Began his ritual.

In the neighboring tent wedding took place, so the shaman went back and forth, in our tent, he was in the national dress, the free.

After a special ritual, the shaman began to tell and honestly I was blown away, tell me about my past and what is happening today, he saw almost all the moments of my life. Something had predicted, as I will not tell you.

Time passed quickly and it was time to say goodbye to chum and shaman Nicholas. I'm honestly impressed by his abilities, his good humor and warm attitude to people.

Tags

See also

New and interesting