Cakes that look like anything but a dessert

Debbie, who lives in Oakland, says: "I do not create traditional cakes. There were times that my cakes for several hours remained intact before people realize that they are edible. And it's very flattering ».

Believe it or not, but before this and open your own business, Debbie worked for many years in the confectionery and consider their work extremely difficult.

"I never considered it as a profession. It was just a job and enough hard work "- says Debbie. However, working in the bakery and that "planning his escape from the cake," as a colleague Debbie: "She has found a way to come to terms with their talent».

She began saving money and soon opened his business. Her stunning and strange cakes were a real hit.

Most of all, the 46-year-old Debbie loves in his work is that there is no place for the routine.

"I very rarely do the same cake twice. Every day I have a desire to re "reinvent the wheel". If I had to do every day the same Torah, I would have gone mad from boredom ».

Most Debbie like to create cakes in the form of food (obviously), and animals. Orders her creative clients keep it in good shape and do not give to relax.

"If I only rely on myself, my portfolio would be much less, so I'm very glad that I often leave my" comfort zone. " And the phrase "It's a cake ?!", I've heard a million times, "shares Debbie.

Even on the easiest cake takes up to 8 hours of work, and to more complex instances - up to several weeks.

Some orders must be rejected.

"Boxes and hollow container is very hard to do. We should be the mass of the object, which can be converted into a cake. This nuance eludes many ».

Source: boingboing.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting